Notary Rotary
Getting less signings in february
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2013 Index

Posted by Raj Sahu on 2/15/13 11:00pm
Msg #456128

Has it slowed down --- generally--- or is it just me who is receiving less? I got so many in December and January that I had to turn a few down. Will appreciate inputs. Thanks in advance! Smile
I am in South California.

Reply by Jessica Ward on 2/15/13 11:03pm
Msg #456130

I usually get slow in Feb. I think it's just part of the natural timeline. The people who are signing now mostly applied in December, which is a time most people are in full holiday-mode and not working on a refinance. It's not super slow for me, but maybe down 20-30% better than previous Feb of 2010, 2011, but I don't know about 2012 because I was on vacation for Feb/March.

Reply by Raj Sahu on 2/15/13 11:07pm
Msg #456131

Thanks for the input Jessica, I appreciate it. I don't wanna accept lowball offers, no matter what the situation is; this helps lots Smile

Reply by CJ on 2/16/13 12:36am
Msg #456134

And of course, the beginning of the month . . .

The beginning of the month is always slower than the end of the month.

Reply by Jessica Ward on 2/16/13 10:51am
Msg #456159

Yeah, hold out for the work you really want to do

I see lots of new folks mistaking cash flow (money comes in every day) for profitability (am I really covering fuel, taxes, paper/toner, and earning a reasonable wage for ALL of the work I do including scheduling, billing, driving, and the actual document presentation, and return shipping/final reporting).

I have a ritual of cutting clients every November. Anyone who I've had payment problems with during the year, or just dread their call. I send them a letter asking to be removed from their list/database/vendors, and I explain that their work no longer fits my business model. It makes room for much better clients. Every time I've done it, my business has gotten better. My stress level has gone down and my payment timeline improves. Smile

Reply by Sha/CA on 2/16/13 1:29pm
Msg #456183

Good advise, Jessica. Thank you for sharing. n/m

Reply by Karla/OR on 2/16/13 4:48pm
Msg #456207

Re: Yeah, hold out for the work you really want to do

"I send them a letter asking to be removed from their list/database/vendors, and I explain that their work no longer fits my business model."

Great idea!!! Thanks Jessica!!!

Reply by COpink on 2/18/13 3:19pm
Msg #456377

Re: Yeah, hold out for the work you really want to do

That's a great idea Jessica!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.