Notary Rotary
Getting on Notary Database
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2013 Index

Posted by SuzieQ/CA on 2/9/13 5:47pm
Msg #455001

I want to thank you all for the great advice I've received on my previous posts. Thanks to all for taking the time. I find this site infinitely informative. I hope some of you could advise me further, this time about getting on the SS's notary database. I have gone through the list on SC and signed up, via website, or emailed most of the 3.5 stars and up companies.
First, with the companies I emailed, only a couple have gotten back to me with instructions on how to sign up with their companies. I've not heard back from the rest.
Second, there seems to be a good number of companies linked to the coffee site. I got a free membership to that site and signed up with these companies. Immediately upon registering I receive an auto generated response, "we have received your registration and will review your information shortly." I never hear back from these companies. My fear is that I'm not getting on any of these companies' database. I'm going on month 3 as an NSA and would love to hear my phone ring more than just occasionally. Is this just a time issue and they'll get to me eventually or is my registration being thrown out into the cyber trash bin? Any advise on what I can do to get my name on their databases? Thank you.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 2/9/13 5:53pm
Msg #455004

SusieQ you will hear from them when they need you

Heavily market yourself for GNW.
It may take awhile to get yourself to the same place some of your competition is at, but they've been doing it a lot longer.

Back in the day, I started signing up with companies in May 2003, first signing was July 2003, second one was Sept 2003, and then the ball started rolling.

Reply by CJ on 2/9/13 10:49pm
Msg #455026

My 2 cents.

When it's slow, like it usually is at the beginning of the month, they tend to call the notaries that they work with regularly. But at the end of the month, everyone gets booked up fast and the signing services get desperate, and they are willing to take a chance on any warm body with a notary stamp. I have had many times when, at the end of the month, I am booked solid and I CAN'T take another job. Different signing services call me with the same job. No one can fill it and it is getting bounced around. That's when it pays to have your name in the database. Then you get the job, you don't blow it, and they trust you a little bit more for the next time.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.