Notary Rotary
HL-5370DW problem
Notary Discussion History

HL-5370DW problem
Go Back to February, 2013 Index

Posted by Ken/NoCal on 2/7/13 5:33pm
Msg #454607

HL-5370DW problem

I have had this printer for about a year with no problems, and now it prints in strange characters almost like a foreign language. I know this has come up before, but after doing a search, I could not find anything. It is not consistent, just every so often, however it is happening more often now.
Does anyone have any suggestions? I know this printer is highly thought of here. In fact that is why I bought it after hearing everyone talk about it. I love it except for this issue.
Thanks for any help!

Reply by Saul Leibowitz on 2/7/13 5:54pm
Msg #454613

Have you called Brother's helpline? They are usually quite good.

Reply by Ali/IL on 2/7/13 6:35pm
Msg #454629

Are you using Internet Explorer?

Reply by nccltnotary on 2/7/13 6:45pm
Msg #454634

Same thing happened to me with the same printer. Go to Properties and Print Settings and use the scroll down and select Graphic and that should solve the problem. I have had the same problem and the document just starts printing everything over and over until I delete it from the print que, not sure why it happens???

Reply by jba/fl on 2/7/13 7:06pm
Msg #454639

I agree that their helpline is terrific. Sometimes one might wait 10 mins., but worth getting an expert on it.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 2/7/13 6:39pm
Msg #454631

I think this may be an Adobe Reader issue

I had the same thing happen to me a couple of years ago, and was advised to remove Adobe reader and reinstall only one version.
I don't recollect the version I had the problem with, but I went back to using the previous version successfully.
I am reminded that there are quite a few issues with the newest reader, Adobe X.
If you're running Adobe X, you may want to remove and reinstall v.9.5
From what I remember hearing, you should only have one version installed.
But, I am obviously not a techie: waiting to hear from a real one.

Reply by bob/IA on 2/7/13 10:05pm
Msg #454689

Re: I think this may be an Adobe Reader issue

reboot computer, that stops it for me.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.