Notary Rotary
Home Signings vs Final Link Signing
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2013 Index

Posted by Douglas Rix Sr. on 2/6/13 4:45pm
Msg #454330

Anyone here in California initiating any kind of action against Final Link? I am not sure if we could come together and start some kind of action against Mazen. Any thoughts?

Reply by Jessica/FL on 2/6/13 4:51pm
Msg #454333

I would love to. I was thinking of contacting the SOS in CA. He shouldn't be allowed to be a Notary in the state after accepting the payement and not paying the Notaries.

Reply by Pro Mobile Notary on 2/6/13 5:56pm
Msg #454340

You do not have to be a notary to operate a signing service. Contacting the SOS in CA would accomplish nothing you are hoping for.

Reply by Jessica/FL on 2/6/13 5:59pm
Msg #454341

He is a notary on the CA SOS website. What he does is unethical.

Reply by Pro Mobile Notary on 2/6/13 6:20pm
Msg #454350

Re: He is a notary on the CA SOS website.

So?

His not paying notaries for their work likely does not constitute a violation of notary rules of conduct in CA, so they are not likely to pull his commission for not payment of his obligations.

As I said, contacting the SOS will get get those people their money any faster. The SOS has no jurisdiction on the operations of a signing service.

I am in no way condoning their actions in this matter. I am just stating what I believe to be the reality of an unfortunate situation for some signing agents.

Reply by Pro Mobile Notary on 2/6/13 6:21pm
Msg #454352

I meant to say NOT get their money any faster.

Reply by Susan Lancaster on 2/6/13 6:53pm
Msg #454364

Page 14 of the CA notary Public Disciplinary Guidelines 2012 requires a submission of change of address within 30 days.... I'm guessing he (or his brother Ali) haven't done that or people would have already tracked him down.

"8214.1(d) Failure to Discharge the Duties or Responsibilities of a Notary Public
Notaries public are charged with a variety of duties and responsibilities relating, but not limited, to performing notarial acts, maintaining and securing a notary public journal and seal, and notifying the Secretary of State of address and name changes. Notarial duties, responsibilities and acts that are not properly performed compromise the integrity of notarized documents and jeopardize the interests of the customers of the notary public."

That's one reason he could be disciplined/fined... http://www.sos.ca.gov/business/notary/forms/notary-guidelines-2012.pdf
JMO

Reply by Cheryl Yeko on 2/13/13 4:14pm
Msg #455689

Count me in if you get a action against them. I'm getting pretty tired of getting burned by these deadbeats.

-Cheryl

Reply by Stephanie Santiago on 2/6/13 4:51pm
Msg #454334

I worked with Final Link years ago; took forever to receive

payment.
Over 60 days.

Reply by docs1954CA on 2/6/13 5:24pm
Msg #454338

Check this out.From the #'s site.

***Urgent: Anyone that is owed money from Final Link or Home Signings, please contact me at notarysd1@gmail(dot)com . Let me know how much you are owed as well. There is a Detective that is on this case and the more people we are, the stronger the case and the faster we get these people. I can give you more info once you email me if you like. Thank you.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 2/6/13 9:00pm
Msg #454397

Re: Check this out.From the #'s site.

Msg #453973

Reply by MistarellaFL on 2/6/13 9:00pm
Msg #454399

Home Signings finds a new home with Signing Stream Inc. n/m

Reply by Linda Wilson on 3/19/13 12:42pm
Msg #461971

Has anyone been paid by Home Signings?
I completed signings for them and have sent my invoices for payment.
At first I was paid alomost on time. Now they shorted me on some of the December payments and I have not yet paid the final signings in January and February.

I am courious on how many have contacted the Detective in Garden Grove or the Legal Service law suite filing against Final Link?

Also, Final Link sent me a 1099 saying they paid me some money when they did not. I sent a letter to all the addresses I could find on them and the letters came back to me. Now I have to contact the IRS on how to handle this false 1099. Did anyone else get a 1099 for 2012?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.