Notary Rotary
How many of you accept credit cards?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2013 Index

Posted by 101livescan on 2/3/13 12:07pm
Msg #453783

I had to go into verizon store the other day and pu a power cord and walked out with the Square...it will be interesting to see how much I will end up using it! since most of my work is signing with title/escrow/lenders. I can use it with live scan payment too. Many people don't carry checks around with them any more...

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 2/3/13 12:10pm
Msg #453784

I have Square for GNW - haven't had the opportunity

to use it yet - all my GNW appointments have been cash...but it's there and I can now advertise that I accept major credit cards...Smile

Reply by jba/fl on 2/3/13 12:28pm
Msg #453789

Re: I have Square for GNW

I don't have a big call for it, but have used it a few times. Nice to have and offer ability to take credit cards.

Reply by JAM/CA on 2/3/13 1:08pm
Msg #453795

I have GoPayment by Intuit and use it all the time. I love it and so do
my clients.

Reply by Gregory/CA on 2/3/13 1:26pm
Msg #453801

I have Square and used it a few times. It's nice

because funds are transferred into my bank account in 1-2 business days, less the fee. It is used for GNW and those that have paid by credit card thought it was cool to have it on the iPhone.

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 2/3/13 3:02pm
Msg #453806

I do... I accept them via Square and Paypal Here... I use both because sometimes I can get one service to work in a low signal area when another won't.

It's really handy for GNW.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 2/3/13 3:48pm
Msg #453814

I do. Like Marian, I use both Square and PayPal. This allows the client to opt for their preference.

And, yeah, when I whip out that little gizmo and attach it to my 'Droid, swipe the card and have the client sign on my phone, they're impressed. And, to conclude the transaction, you can immediately send them their receipt from your phone to either their email or as a text to their phone.

Reply by Joan Bergstrom on 2/3/13 11:05pm
Msg #453857

I have had Square for approx 1 year.

I did $300+ in January and it increases every month.

I do not like paypal at all; I use it but it's my last choice.

Just my thoughts, but if I were in a area with more wealth, I would be making much more on credit cards charges than $300. This is for GNW.

People don't carry checks (men in particular) and cash always works!
LOL

Reply by JanetK_CA on 2/4/13 3:02am
Msg #453868

Zagg: a great smartphone accessory, esp if you take cc's...

... and even if you don't. I highly recommend the Zagg invisible shield "skin" to protect the surface of your smartphone or iPad. It's guaranteed for the life of the device, easily cleaned, resistant to fingerprints, reduces glare, and it makes for a great surface when someone signs for their credit card charge. Using my finger to write on the screen before I got that was iffy. With this skin, it's easy and my one cc client so far was very impressed. (He has an iPhone, mine is a Galaxy SIII.) I think these are available for most smart phones. I got mine free with Staples Reward points (@ about $16, although I've seen them for more).

I don't own stock in this company, I just was very impressed with the difference. Wink The protective shields that came with my phone didn't last very long and became a real nuisance. The only downside is that it's a little complicated to apply it, but well worth the effort, imo.

Reply by Chakwaina on 2/5/13 2:56pm
Msg #454123

I do, using PayPal Here. I can also process checks and put in cash payments--helps with the bookkeeping.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.