Notary Rotary
I am the 2nd notary on a split signing
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2013 Index

Posted by Joan Bergstrom on 2/6/13 7:40pm
Msg #454374

I know why there are notary instructions in almost every loan we do. I get the loan today and it is a mess. This is a CA notary.
The notary had a dual tray but the legal paper must be recycled paper because it was yellow in color. Looked terrible compared to 8 X 11 paper.

Grant Deed not notarized correctly: notary left out "public" after her name on the before me line.
Had the wrong borrower sign 2 different documents that are to be signed by my borrowers.

I finally put the loan down halfway through and will look at the rest of it tonight.
It was put in a UPS envelope loose without even a rubber band around it. No business card included.
Interesting of the 20 or more loans I have done over a 10 year period (where I have been the 2nd notary) only one of them was signed correctly.
Her notary stamp had XYZ as the initials so I guess that is where she got her training!

Reply by Yowheelz on 2/7/13 8:07am
Msg #454490

I had a second half of split signing that was so messed up that I included a letter back to the title company with an explanation. 1st Notary had even dated everything wrong. Loan ended up being resigned, noticed a different Notary did the first half this time around.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.