Notary Rotary
I've been in this business for almost 8 years and have my
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2013 Index

Posted by NJDiva on 2/18/13 1:49pm
Msg #456369

first 5am closing. But what's really bizarre is that I also have a 6:30-7am and then a 9:30am. It seems everyone wants to sign Wed morning.

I'm very grateful though, because I started out this week with only FIVE closings. Not good at all. By Fri's I usually have no less than 10. Ugh... But hey, at least I'm up to eight!!! The week is still young.

Reply by Donna McDaniel on 2/18/13 2:55pm
Msg #456371

5 AM is a bit early for me too, but with that kind of schedule you could pull off 7-8 in a day no problem.

Reply by Donna McDaniel on 2/18/13 2:56pm
Msg #456372

...and still get in a nap! n/m

Reply by bfnotary on 2/18/13 5:28pm
Msg #456418

I have pulled off 7 with first one starting at 11 or 12 , I can't remember which time it was, (was nice, all back to back, and all within 10 miles). And I actually had some time to spare doing those.

Reply by 101livescan on 2/18/13 2:57pm
Msg #456373

I'm impressed. I slept in til 8am, that's 11 EST...You've already done 6 hour day by that time. Good for you. End of month will pick up. Way to go, Cheryl.

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 2/18/13 3:18pm
Msg #456376

Actually, it would be 10 AM EST. n/m

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 2/18/13 3:37pm
Msg #456381

Re: Actually, she's right - 8am in CA is 11am here n/m

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 2/18/13 5:19pm
Msg #456416

Sorry. i was thinking AZ! My bad! n/m

Reply by NJDiva on 2/18/13 3:44pm
Msg #456382

Well, you know how things go in this business...the 5am was

just switched to 5pm (they even kept me with the additional early morning fee) but additionally I just picked up a 1pm.

HOWEVER, I did have a closing that was supposed to be for 7pm tonight moved to tomorrow at 7pm... luckily I have the doc's AND I had that slot open.

Not bragging, just sayin...well I am pretty excited about having the doc's. Apparently the title company didn't tell the SS that it was switched...surprise, surprise, surprise.

It's so crazy how I start out the week so very apprehensive and worried that I won't make my needed income but it somehow seems to work out...although, maybe I shouldn't speak to soon. We all know how unpredictable this industry can be.

Reply by NJDiva on 2/18/13 3:46pm
Msg #456383

I hate when people use "to" and it's supposed to be "too"

Oh yes, I even call myself out...

Reply by 101livescan on 2/18/13 3:54pm
Msg #456388

Re: I hate when people use

This business is like ice skating, you can be gliding along and suddenly....you gotta move fast...be flexible, get outta someone's way, switch, turn on a dime.

Glad you're busy. I'm expecting a crazy week starting tomorrow at 10am...not too early...

Reply by Malbrough_LA on 2/18/13 3:52pm
Msg #456386

I would love a 5am signing! But, I'm an early bird...and a

night owl. Oh, who am I kidding...I suffer from self induced coffee/espresso insomnia.

Reply by Robin Cole on 2/18/13 4:00pm
Msg #456392

It's good to know that kind of potential is out there. Blessings to you.

Reply by NJDiva on 2/18/13 4:30pm
Msg #456397

It took a number of years...don't expect it overnight and if

your area is saturated with established notaries expect it to take even more patience.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 2/19/13 2:25am
Msg #456470

Re: It took a number of years...don't expect it overnight and if

Plus the loan business is very cyclical, like many others, so what happened in the past doesn't necessarily predict what will happen in the future. Not trying to be a downer, but it's something that we all need to consider when planning for the future, especially those who are new at this.

Reply by NJDiva on 2/19/13 10:16am
Msg #456496

Right on the "MONEY" Janet...as usual!!!

"Plus the loan business is very cyclical, like many others, so what happened in the past doesn't necessarily predict what will happen in the future. Not trying to be a downer, but it's something that we all need to consider when planning for the future, especially those who are new at this."

And THAT's the issue here. I surmise that this business is probably going to start really becoming a "thing of the past." People are not going to continue to refinance. After all, everyone knows the interest rates are probably at their lowest. They will never be this low again in our lifetime. So all of those that are refinancing now, will most likely never have to do so again.

Additionally, the interest rates are going to start going up the second quarter of this year (per a friend of mine that's an LO).

So, not only is the industry being destroyed by notaries accepting lowball fees, but the business is also going to diminish because there won't be reasons to refinance. It's as low as it's gonna go.

Those of you just starting out, please don't be disillusioned into thinking this is a $XXX,XXX business as is proposed by some "educational, training companies". If things continue the way they are, it is slowly becoming a business that will be considered a hobby, not a business that will be viable to earn a living.

Accepting lower fees and thereby raising overhead (you do two to my one and at the same time are using double the supplies) does not make for profit.

Reply by MW/VA on 2/18/13 7:09pm
Msg #456432

OMG! I'm like Snoopy--"I hate mornings". LOL n/m

Reply by ME/NJ on 2/19/13 8:24am
Msg #456473

Never a 5am deal

7am was about it, anything before 8am now is hard for me since my wife is out the door at 6 and I need to get my daughter ready for school. This week all my appointments are before noon which leaves primetime open. Not as many as you Diva only 4 this week and two were yesterday.

This month sucks so far.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.