Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Insured Closings and Ohio Statewide Closings, Ltd.
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2013 Index

Posted by MonicaFL on 2/12/13 8:15am
Msg #455400

According the to SOS of Ohio, Insured Closings was "deactivate in 2005" - however, they did re-open under the name of "Ohio Statewide Closings, Ltd" with the same address as Insured Closings and same principals involved. They don't owe me any money, but, I was just doing some research for someone and received the information STRAIGHT from the SOS of Ohio. If anyone who hasn't been paid by Insured Closings, will send me an email, (you can just put Insured Closings in the subject line) I will foward the info to you along with the info on how to file a complaint. I would think (don't know for sure but think) that, since the same person owned and owns both companies that a complaint could be launched against her as an individual as well as the principal of the company but I would certainly check with the SOS of Ohio on the "legal" way to do this. Disclaimer: I am not an attorney, don't profess to be one or know everything or anything, just passing on info to those who got stiffed by this woman. my email address is: [e-mail address]. Just trying to help fellow notaries get paid!

Reply by Resilient/MD on 2/12/13 9:38am
Msg #455419

They owe me. I will send you an email. Thanks

Reply by PegiT_MN on 2/12/13 11:06am
Msg #455431

Sounds like Susan Harvey is going to be in big trouble. She owed me money too......I sent her an e mail, left her a voice message, and also messaged her on her facebook page. I told her that I was going to turn her in to her County Attorney's office for theft by swindle which is a felony. I proceeded to inform her that with her lengthy history of hiring notaries and not paying them or paying them with bounced checks, the theft by swindle charge would definitely hold up in court. I had my money by the end of the week.

Reply by Sharon Mangiro on 2/12/13 11:09am
Msg #455432

they owe me nearly $900.00 Sue overnited a check to me about 6 weeks ago. It bounced. I just redeposited it again a few days ago..it bounced again...not surprised, but my attorney advised me to redeposit a second time..

Reply by Cheryl Yeko on 2/13/13 4:10pm
Msg #455687

Yep, after many promises to pay...nothing. Out $350.

I'll send you an email, and anxious to file a claim.

-Cheryl

Reply by Cheryl Yeko on 2/21/13 1:40pm
Msg #456921

I contacted the collection organization for the state, and was told to hire an attorney. So, there will be no help from Ohio.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.