Notary Rotary
Late Docs/No Docs/Cancellations
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2013 Index

Posted by CarolF/NC on 2/17/13 7:16pm
Msg #456299

So why is it that this industry of Signing Agents doesn't charge a cancellation fee? My doctor does, my dentist does, my attorney does, my finance guy does, my hairdresser does, my massage therapist does. Wouldn't that put an end to late docs and no docs? Just sayn.

Reply by MikeC/TX on 2/17/13 7:37pm
Msg #456300

"So why is it that this industry of Signing Agents doesn't charge a cancellation fee? "

I'm going to out on a limb here, but I'm thinking it's because they will refuse to pay it...

As will I with my doctor, etc... Just because you charge it doesn't mean you can collect it...

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 2/17/13 7:51pm
Msg #456303

Well... *I* do.... or at least, I have it in my policies and when I have to enforce it, I do. Most of the time, iI don't worry though, because the companies I work with know that that I will enforce it, therefore if they cancel they do it within my policy time frame to avoid such fees, if possible, or they know they'll be footing a bill.

Reply by Malbrough_LA on 2/18/13 4:09pm
Msg #456393

The only issue I see with this logic would be as follows.

If my dr, dentist, etc cancels on me - no late fee.
If I cancel on them - late fee? (Never been charged one tbh, it's just been re-scheduled).

Either way, do I see an ability for me being able to collect a fee from vendors? No. Easiest answer for them is make a private note in SC and your cell phone when they call you. The better ones won't be late anyway Wink

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.