Notary Rotary
Loan-Closers - although I have seen negative comments
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2013 Index

Posted by Patti Corcoran on 2/14/13 2:03pm
Msg #455847

here, I keep getting calls from them. Recently they sent out an email regarding Provident closings. Provident is a PITA but would they work with Loan Closers if LC is so bad? Comments please.

Reply by ToniK on 2/14/13 2:26pm
Msg #455851

I got that email too. I used to work for them years ago. They paid me on time until Daniel took over and I had to email him two times to payment. Got a call from Christa (or whatever her name is) about a payment that came back to her, it was sent to an address I lived at 5 years ago and she was going to reissue it to my new address but I had already gotten a replacement check.

Now for the Provident issue. I dont do Provident and doesnt matter who they hire to do their loans, I wont touch them.

Reply by SheilaSJCA on 2/14/13 2:27pm
Msg #455854

Most likely, they do not research sites such as these, or do any background on a signing service they plan to use. They may be anal when it comes to their instructions, but lax in other areas.

Reply by Jack/AL on 2/14/13 2:48pm
Msg #455861

I'm awaiting payment for a job done in December. I've had little, if any, previous experience with Loan-Closers. Like ToniK, I'll not be accepting any signings for Provident loans, from any company. As strict/picky as Provident is, I'll take a guess that the relationship with Loan-Closers will soon sour, or at least fester.

Reply by bagger on 2/14/13 2:51pm
Msg #455863

OR

They are such a PITA they are running out of GOOD SS's to work with them.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 2/14/13 2:54pm
Msg #455865

Who's the title company on the Provident Loans n/m

Reply by CJ on 2/15/13 10:51am
Msg #455974

Loan Closers

I don't mind Provident, I can handle them just fine, but I have been burned TOO MUCH by Loan Closers.

They were one of the first companies I worked for when I started many years ago, so I was happy. But over the years, it really deteriorated.

1. They will not pay unless I create a monthly invoice and I must send it at the end of the month. That's a lot of extra trouble for me. Other companies manage to send my money without me creating an invoice. Accounting is time consuming enough. What if I had to send EVERYONE an invoice?

2. When I DO send an invoice, let's say for $250, I get a check that says "December jobs: $185". What? And no breakdown of what it is for. What jobs did they pay me for? What jobs did they stiff me on? What jobs did they not pay full price on? I have to double check the invoice and try to figure out what happened (more unnecessary work that I don't have time for.) The check in no way resembles the invoice.

3. Now I have to get a hold of that guy in accounting to figure out what's going on. Problem #1: he is rarely there. #2. When I DO get a hold of him, we have to sort it out together, and he can't figure it out either. Finally we come to an agreement and he "promises" that the missing money will be on the next check, but then the next check has another crazy amount that does not match anything. Which new jobs did he stiff me on? Which new jobs did he cut the pay on? AND: did he pay me full price for the missing money last time? Usually he did not. It was always a big mess, and with each crazy check, they only compound the previous months' problems. I got VERY tired of dealing with it. One time he said to me, "Well, it's hard to keep track when there are so many jobs involved" (like 4 or 5). I said, "What if your boss said to you, 'It's hard to pay you the right amount of money when you work so many hours, so we'll just round-down your pay." He had no answer for that.

4. When the schedulers call, they are so treacly and gushy with their "Oh we LOVE you! Please-please-please take the job and do us a FAVOR!" I am not doing "favors". I am working for money. If they really "loved" me (and my work), they would PAY me the correct amount the first time around.

5. And we are talking about low-ball pay here anyway. They pay a low fee, and they then stiff me or cut corners. What's up with that? In my phone, I have them on "Loan Closers NO" so that I will not pick up the phone.

They prey on newbies who are enthusiastic and naive, hoping they can get some good work out of them before the newbies catch on. What if everyone just said no?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.