Notary Rotary
Looking for a few good Eggs!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2013 Index

Posted by Bear900/CA on 2/11/13 12:54am
Msg #455114

I’m looking for interested, talented or not, hopefully knowledgeable or willing to learn and contribute, highly cooperative NSA’s AND SS’s who would like to collaborate on the following:

• putting together a ‘Best Practices Policy’ on NPI (Non-Public Information)
• Addressing other future compliance issues

Purpose?

• Write your own paychecks and increase your market share by becoming industry leaders
• Keep pace with CFPB’s NPI and other rules and regulations
• Become the best SS and NSA’s in the business willing to work together and support each other with fair prices and the highest quality available
• Eliminate risk and liability of identity theft through the elimination of PDFs, and other risk taking practices
• NOT to replace NR. This intended as a permanent resource for compliance reference

About me

• Have written Red Flag Policies to comply with the FACT act. Experienced technical writer.
• Trained and certified with the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCen).
• Immediate past VP of education serving the state board of directors for the California Association of Mortgage Professionals. http://www.ca-amp.org/about/board-of-directors.htm
• Desire to raise the bar of those in our industry, both NSA’s and SS companies.

About you

• Your practical, technical and common sense input is desired
• Readiness and enthusiasm, sense of humor a plus
• Patience! We are an otherwise busy lot

LinkedIn site: Notary Compliance (US)

Full link: http://www.linkedin.com/groups/What-are-your-AntiIdentity-Theft-4845325.S.212591903

Reply by Stephanie Santiago on 2/11/13 10:44am
Msg #455145

Where in California are you located?

Reply by Bear900/CA on 2/11/13 11:18am
Msg #455151

Solvang! But live north of there on the Central Coast....also immediate past chapter president (CAMP) here for several years and still chapter education chair.

I work on this sort of stuff all the time and like to share instead of sell. Also need some tech help on easy solutions around PDF's. Not Drop-Box cloud types.

In my book this is not proprietary information. There exist outlines. We will all need to do it sooner or later and the info will get out. May as well put yourself ahead of the pack and market yourself as such.

Collective minds can have a good influence on results and the intent is to keep it customizable to fit your operation so it's not a one size fits all. There are actually three tasks involved:

• A simple written Policy. But there are criteria to meet that I can walk us through
• Cyber control
• Physical security. Lot of good input here in last 24 hours.

Reply by SharonMN on 2/11/13 2:41pm
Msg #455230

I'd be glad to discuss offline. hahn (dot) notary (at) usa (dot) com. I'm a paralegal in the financial services industry in addition to being a signing agent.

I suppose the best safeguard would be for the TC or SS to verify that the signing agent they were hiring was a real, live, qualified person. It always seems quite dodgy to me that anyone can throw up an email address on a database and suddenly you start getting highly confidential info sent to you with no questions asked except "Will you do this assignment for $50?"

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.