Notary Rotary
Mobile Notaries in the Phillipines?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2013 Index

Posted by SheilaSJCA on 2/1/13 1:23pm
Msg #453449

Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a traveling notary in the Philippines? This is for americans that need to get something notarized there, but the nearest consulate is 6 hours away and they don't want to go that far. Any help would be much appreciated.

Reply by Pro Mobile Notary on 2/1/13 1:40pm
Msg #453454

The only way to get this done there is for someone within the US Embassy in Manila or at a US consular office outside Manila to notarize the documents.

I know there are notaries in that country (a good friend of mine just moved to Manila and he had to have a notary to complete the lease of a condo there), but their notary will not be recognized in this country.

Reply by VT_Syrup on 2/1/13 1:51pm
Msg #453458

Foreign notaries normally are recognized in the US, it appears the Philippines DOES NOT take part in the apostille process, so an authentication may be required. That is a more elaborate process; I don't know if it would be easier to go through that process or do it at a US embassy or consulate.

The list of countries that DO participate in the apostille process is at http://www.hcch.net/index_en.php?act=conventions.status&cid=41

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.