Notary Rotary
More on trailing docs
Notary Discussion History

More on trailing docs
Go Back to February, 2013 Index

Posted by GOLDGIRL/CA on 2/12/13 1:47pm
Msg #455484

More on trailing docs

There was a recent post about the annoying trailing docs we're expected to print and get signed at the actual loan signing. These, of course, were supposed to have been signed at the get-go, but for whatever reason weren't. Anyway, a couple of notaries mentioned about having to print an extra copy for the borrowers. This is not neccessary, in my experience. As far as I know, loan brokers/LOs never provide copies of predisclosures to the borrower at any point in the app process. Also, in those loan pkgs that contain prediscloures I occasionally saw instructions that said "print only one copy."

Back in the day when I did loan apps (which I understand we're no longer allowed to do under SAFE, but that's another story), I never provided a copy for the borrower because I was told not to by the hiring party. So I don't see any reason to provide them at the closing ....?

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 2/12/13 1:56pm
Msg #455488

"As far as I know, loan brokers/LOs never provide copies of predisclosures to the borrower at any point in the app process."

My understanding is, by law, LO's have 3 days after application to get full copies of all disclosures to the borrowers. And interim disclosures have to be made too during the process.

When I did RESPA's I left a copy of the GFE but that's it - the rest were provided by the LO after they got the signed RESPA package back.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.