Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Nationwide Settlement & Escrow, LLC (beware, will not pay)
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2013 Index

Posted by Lynne on 2/11/13 10:37am
Msg #455141

It's been years since I have had to collect on payment. I am now going on 5 months trying to collect from Samantha DiFranco with Nationwide Settlement & Escrow, LLC. Yes, If I had just pulled the car over that day, put her on hold and checked here for her rating and previous posts, I would've JustSaidNo!!!! BUT, I didn't and now I'm trying to collect payment. So please beware. She will avoid your calls and ignore your invoices and emails. This is one of the most unethical companies that I have ever encountered. I did send a demand letter outlining what I will do if she did not pay by February 5th. She said the check will go out that day. Lied once again. So I am working on addressing all of the items in my demand letter.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 2/11/13 11:21am
Msg #455152

Curious, Lynne: Were you listed on the HUD? n/m

Reply by Lynne on 2/11/13 11:27am
Msg #455153

Re: Curious, Lynne: Were you listed on the HUD?

Line 1109 Notary Fee $160. No name

Reply by MistarellaFL on 2/11/13 11:45am
Msg #455157

Was that your fee? n/m

Reply by Lynne on 2/11/13 3:30pm
Msg #455255

Re: Was that your fee?

LOL I wish!! No but it was 3 digits. Smile

Reply by Anita Edwards on 2/19/13 8:54am
Msg #456478

They owe me money also and I am getting nowhere.

Reply by April Kay on 3/16/13 12:58am
Msg #461505

This sounds too familiar. I have gotten the "check is in the mail" lie twice after getting a nasty email about their payment policy being 30 business days AFTER the loan funds and then only on the 15th and 30th. Still no check and I seriously doubt I will ever see it. Once I called her out on "check is in the mail" lie email on the 8th she apologized. I can't pay my bills or put gas in the car with an apology. See email chain below....

See below:

Mar 7 (9 days ago)

To: info, samantha
I wanted to confirm that you had received my invoice for the above referenced settlement at XXXXX for a property in RI. The fee was $110.00 and I do not recall receiving payment. If payment has been sent, please send me the check number if it has cleared so I can correct my records.

Thank you!

Mar 8 (8 days ago)

To: April Kay
Hello,
Your payment for the Renaud Closing will be sent out with today's mail. so sorry for the delay and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Thanks,

Samantha DiFranco

Nationwide Settlement & Escrow LLC

28906 Lorain Rd Ste 102

North Olmsted OH 44070

So after the email above I did not receive the check in 5 days so:

Mar 13 (3 days ago)

To: samantha, info,
See attached invoice. I have tried to contact you by phone on several occasions as well as a text message requesting a return phone call. Please remit balance due immediately. If payment has been made please submit confirmation.

If payment is not received by March 15, 2013 further action will be taken including contacting the lender and/or borrowers for payment.

Mar 13 (3 days ago)

Your check was put with payments going out on 3/15/2013. I pulled the check today and its in the mail. And if you Reread the confirmation that was sent to you, you will see that your payment is NoT late and that our payments go out 30 Business Days AFTER the loan funds and our checks ONLY go out on the 15th and 30th of every month. But your check was pulled from that stack and dropped in today's mail.

Samantha DiFranco
Nationwide Settlement & Escrow
440-734-3000
> <Nationwide Settlement and Escrow Renaud 2nd Notice.pdf>

Mar 13 (3 days ago)

To: Samantha
Thank you. I will check the mail for it and let you know when it is received. Based on your policy as it is written on the confirmation payment was due February 7th.
[e-mail address]

Mar 13 (3 days ago)

Actually 30 Business Days after the loan funds would be March 8th, 2013. And since our checks only go out on the 15th and 30th of every month that would mean check would be going out this Friday the 15th.

Thanks,

Samantha DiFranco

Nationwide Settlement & Escrow LLC

28906 Lorain Rd Ste 102

North Olmsted OH 44070

(P) 440-734-3000

(F) 440-815-2205

Mar 14 (2 days ago)

To: samantha
My issue was not with your payment policy, which I do understand more thoroughly now. My issue was with this email that you sent to me on March 8 (last Friday) and then of course not responding to the phone messages and text message I left. Please see below.

April Kay
Samantha

Mar 14 (2 days ago)

And I do apologize that was my mistake I got confused about the closings. But then looking into it I realized that I was wrong about which closing it was and when it took place. Again, my apologies.

Samantha DiFranco
Nationwide Settlement & Escrow
440-734-3000

Reply by April Kay on 3/29/13 11:39am
Msg #463667

I did finally receive a check via Federal Express yesterday. In an email from them it stated that the check, in an envelope postmarked March 16, 2013 (which is none of the dates I had been told it was mailed previously, the 8th, the 13th and the 15th) had my street address and the city, state and zip code for the borrowers home where the signing took place. I received an email from them stating that they had the wrong address and essentially it was my fault for "giving" them the wrong address. I am pretty sure I know what my address is. Either way, that was my last closing for that company. I am going to start screening these companies thoroughly from now on.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.