Need help with Warranty Deed
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2013 Index

Posted by Kenny Services - Dawn on 2/8/13 8:09pm
Msg #454902

Hello, I need help please.

I have this closing tomorrow morning, on the warranty deed it has a state and county on it that i am not in and their is also no room for me to stamp. This is a provident funding loan and they are ridiculously picking, Anyway, I can line through the state and county, correct and initial, but I will need to stamp it. do I attach a loose certificate and if so do i need to line through the state and county on their warranty deed still since i am not stamping that one? does this make sense?

Thank you,

Dawn

Reply by Jessica/FL on 2/8/13 8:18pm
Msg #454903

I believe that provident says do not make ANY corrections on the docs. I would attach the loose certificate.

Reply by Kenny Services - Dawn on 2/8/13 8:29pm
Msg #454908

You guys are all gonna think i am a nut but i have never had to attach a loose certificate. Wanna make sure i do it right, is it the notarial certificate of acknowledgment, correct?

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 2/8/13 8:35pm
Msg #454909

Whatever type of certificate was originally on the

document is what you use.

If it had an ack, you attach an ack; if it had a jurat, you attach a jurat.

Reply by Kenny Services - Dawn on 2/8/13 8:43pm
Msg #454912

Re: Whatever type of certificate was originally on the

That would be an individual acknowledgment. Thank you!

Reply by Blueink_TN on 2/8/13 8:18pm
Msg #454904

Always, if in doubt attach a loose certificate

Reply by Kenny Services - Dawn on 2/8/13 8:23pm
Msg #454905

This is for a 2nd home, we are signing in illinois, the home is in arizona, I cannot represent that I am from arizona.There is a form in here that says I hereby certify, under penalty of perjury, that I am authorized to act as a notary public in and for the above county and state. That county and state is in arizona, i am in Illinois. I called the title company and they said ok line through and initial, but be persistence on all forms. so that is what i am doing. No way am i gonna perjure myself.

Reply by Blueink_TN on 2/8/13 8:27pm
Msg #454907

You should be fine.

Reply by Julie/MI on 2/8/13 10:22pm
Msg #454921

Seems to me with Provident that the title docs and deeds don't have the same rules as the Provident lender documents. I would send a quick email to title and see what they say. Seems many are working saturdays.

I recently had a Provident with a QCD and I corrected the venue on it and have not heard back.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.