Notary Rotary
New to Loan Signing
Notary Discussion History

New to Loan Signing
Go Back to February, 2013 Index

Posted by Elisa Orta on 2/16/13 3:43pm
Msg #456199

New to Loan Signing

I have been a notary for years. I have just started with refinances. These documents are new to me. and i'm having a hard time explaining them to the borrowers. Can anyone give me tips or books on how you learned about the documents in loans? I know the basics, but would like be more knowledgeable. Any information would be greatly appreciated Smile

Reply by Robert522TX on 2/16/13 3:45pm
Msg #456200

Take a notary signing agent course. This will explain things to you.

Reply by Elisa Orta on 2/16/13 3:50pm
Msg #456201

I did a year ago, but have recently just gotten calls. I have still have the booklet that i was given, but just don't feel confident when I'm doing in. Especially when doing a Condo.. that was completely new stuff, I had no idea.

Reply by Judy/TX on 2/16/13 4:13pm
Msg #456203

Hi Elisa, you may want to review the following Explanation of Loan Documents. It helped me.

http://www.unitednotaries.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=338:explanation-of-loan-documents&catid=77&Itemid=23

Reply by Elisa Orta on 2/16/13 4:27pm
Msg #456204

This is perfect! Thanks a lot!

Reply by Doris_CO on 2/16/13 6:24pm
Msg #456215

Elisa, NotaryRotary sells the Professional Signing Agent Training Manual. The manual covers notarial basics, business essentials, marketing tips, loan documents, document presentation, journal entries, and more. You can find it in the Notary Supplies section, usually at the very end of the lists of items sold. This is the manual you keep on your shelf and refer to often as you begin your business.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.