Notary Rotary
Non-payment from The Notary Biz
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2013 Index

Posted by Milyeri Matthee on 2/27/13 10:12pm
Msg #458327

I had a positive experience working with Eric Hueg at The Notary Biz but after leaving multiple phone messages, sending e-mails, and an invoice via the post, I have not been paid for 4 closings I conducted for The Notary Biz back in October and November 2012.

10/18 - $110
10/26 - $95
10/26 - $95
11/20 - $95

Total - $395

I contacted the title company, Metropolitan Title, LLC in Gainesville VA and they confirmed that they paid The Notary Biz for these 4 closings and that the checks were cashed. As of today, I still have not received any payment from The Notary Biz.

I strongly urge you not to work with them.

Reply by CarolF/NC on 2/27/13 10:17pm
Msg #458329

Great putting it out there for all to see n/m

Reply by Tudi/CA on 2/27/13 11:05pm
Msg #458336

Re: Great putting it out there for all to see

What about taking non-paying companies to small claims court for payment of original notary fee as well as court costs? The benefit to this is two fold: 1) Everyone involved in the transaction (Bank, Title Company, Borrower, Notary) all have to show up in court. This exposes the non-paying company to everyone involved. 2) It's a way to get paid and also to put the non-paying companies out of business. After something like this, how likely is it that the SS will retain their Title Company clients? Banks will also think twice about using a Title Company that uses non-paying SS. This idea is actually not my own, as I'm new in the business and also have no experience with small claims courts. However, I saw this comment posted on one of the notary sites. The original author said this action (or threat of action) gets fast action in settling payment issues. Maybe someone with more knowledge/experience in the notary business/legal business could comment further on this.

Reply by CinOH on 2/28/13 8:49am
Msg #458391

Re: Great putting it out there for all to see

Trudi,
Only the party you sue will have to show up in court and not everyone involved.

In this case only the Notary Biz would be sued because they are the ones who owes the money. The borrowers paid the bank, the bank paid the title company, and the title company paid the Notary Biz.

A well crafted demand for payment letter and/or a small claims summons has been known to get the attention of deadbeats.

I'm not sure why some notaries let their over due invoices go so long. Some of the op's invoices are nearly 5 months old.

Reply by BossLadyMD on 2/28/13 10:30am
Msg #458419

Check SC first. Payment was an issue back in 2010

Sorry you are going thru this but his ratings are not favorable.....

Reply by Yowheelz on 2/28/13 11:19am
Msg #458442

I can't believe anyone would work for them

They tried to get me to accept 60% of what I am owed and I never even got that. They are the scum of the industry.

Reply by Ann Magliarditi on 3/19/13 3:43pm
Msg #461991

I am having the same issue with them as well. I wont be working for them in teh future but it would be good if I can recoop any of my bills.

Reply by KayK/CA on 5/11/13 2:11am
Msg #469643

Oh great - I did a signing for them on 12/26/12 and am waiting for payment myself. This doesn't give me much hope Frown

Reply by Milyeri Matthee on 7/29/13 3:47pm
Msg #478404

I did eventually receive payment from The Notary Biz about 5 months after the closings.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.