Notary Rotary
Oh My the amunt of emails
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2013 Index

Posted by ToniK on 2/13/13 8:28pm
Msg #455754

that mortagedocs sends for MD signings daily....Fees are $65. Who the flip are doing those closings?

Reply by BossLadyMD on 2/13/13 9:20pm
Msg #455759

They go right to my spam folder n/m

Reply by ToniK on 2/13/13 9:28pm
Msg #455763

Re: They go right to my spam folder

Same here but I go into my spam folder daily to read some of the spam I get and mortgage docs has at least 40 emails sitting in there.

I also see fees for West Va at $150 but those are about 2 every other week.

Reply by pan/nd on 2/13/13 9:24pm
Msg #455762

I'm done with 'em.

They don't pay worth sour owl poop on their solicitations..and

in addition, the last 3 I did for them (XXX..not poop)..took at least 90 days and several

e-mails to get paid.

Told them in their latest e-mail barrage...to delete me from their data base because

the hassle isn't worth the fee they pay me...even if it is xxx to compensate for distance.

Gees...and this is just one outfit....seemingly there are hundreds...maybe not, but it sure

seems like it.

Reply by docs1954CA on 2/13/13 10:01pm
Msg #455764

Speaking of Mortgagedocs..I got a kick out of their warning

note today.I don't work for them either, but it sounds like those who do aren't performing up to their standards...

This may affect your signing fee.
Review the most common errors of 2012 below:
Not contacting borrowers to confirm the closing immediately after accepting order
Not contacting the Attorney at beginning of signing during a conference call closing
Missing signatures on the URLA/1003, Click here to view correct sample.
Closing without funds or wrong type of funds (Money Order, Starter Checks, etc.)
Documents printed out incorrectly (printed on legal when instructions state letter)
Homestead Affidavit, Owners Affidavit, Name Affidavit not notarized/missing seal
HUD Addendum, VA Addendum, FHA Addendum missing signatures
Mortgage missing Stamp/Seal and notary signature
Missing initials/dates on various documents
Owners Agreement not completed
Missing printed witness's name on Security Instrument
Missing printed witness's name on GA Waiver of Borrower Rights
Not obtaining all or correct signatures on the required VA Forms (1802 especially as it requires 2 signatures on page 2)
Not going to closing if you can't reach the borrower (appointments are already scheduled between lender and borrower directly so you MUST attend signing)

Utilize the above information and the Notary Instructions to prevent the above errors!
Additional notifications may be sent throughout the year as training tools to achieve error free closings.
Thank you for being a Signing Partner with MortgageDocs!

18881 Von Karman, Suite 1240
Irvine, CA 92612
Phone 949.916.5519
Fax 888.600.6855

Reply by pan/nd on 2/13/13 10:10pm
Msg #455765

Re: Speaking of Mortgagedocs..I got a kick out of their warning

yup,

they're paying poop and getting poop in return

what goes around comes around

Reply by Chakwaina on 2/14/13 7:17am
Msg #455790

If they do not want all these errors, they need to pay xxx not $65.

What you accept as payment says a lot about what you think this job is worth and the quality of your work. So they should know up front they are hiring notaries and not NSAs.

Reply by Yowheelz on 2/14/13 12:10pm
Msg #455819

If its in my area

I reply with my fee and a note that says don't call me if you won't accept my fee. I get a few, but someone in this area must be doing for much less. I do wish they would narrow their search, I get emails for all the surrounding states.

Reply by Resilient/MD on 2/14/13 12:16pm
Msg #455821

I told them to KICK-ROCKS, literally....and to take my name off their list, out their system and DO NOT EVER CALL ME ANYMORE or send me an email. This was about 3/4 months ago and I haven't heard from them since. WHOEVER HOLDS A Title Producer License should be asking for $XXX and no less. We are not just Notaries, we are Settlement Officers as well, and are licensed by the State we live on both counts. We must maintain CPE's....So nothing less than $XXX.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.