Notary Rotary
Phone number change it or not?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2013 Index

Posted by KarenVentura on 2/24/13 8:16pm
Msg #457564

Ok, I don't think this has been asked.... I moved from Florida to California. I have a Florida cell number. I wanted a Cali number but didn't want the expense of a 2nd cell (I didn't want to give up my Fla number) so AT&T said to get this wireless box that is $19 a month it will have an 805 number and I can just forward it to my cell. Well I am seeing that some of you guys are getting text messages from the signing services. Well if you text this 805 number it won't work you would have to text the 321 number (FL). So.... My question is, is it an issue to have a different area code than my market area code. Or should I just change my number to an 805 number and just give up my 321 number. Or does the signing company not really care and will call what ever number is on file? Crazy I know....
Karen

Reply by ananotary on 2/24/13 8:19pm
Msg #457566

Do you use the FL one for this business?

If so, I would probably pay for two lines until the old phone number was completely "weened" of business calls.

Reply by anotaryinva on 2/24/13 8:21pm
Msg #457567

They don't care just pick up n/m

Reply by VT_Syrup on 2/24/13 8:37pm
Msg #457573

Suppose you call a signer to confirm an appointment, and leave a Florida number on the voice mail. I wonder if any signers would be reluctant to call back a long-distance number? I don't know the answer, just wondering.

Reply by KarenVentura on 2/24/13 8:41pm
Msg #457574

Yeah, I was wondering if they would even answer....

Reply by ikando on 2/24/13 10:29pm
Msg #457600

Karen, have you considered Google Voice? I have that for a second number, and it accepts text on my cell--delayed, but it gets there. You can get a number in the area code you're living in, and keep the Florida number. Just set it up to forward to that number.

Google has a lot of things, I'm finding, that are very useful for road warriors.

Reply by Shelly_FL on 2/25/13 6:51am
Msg #457621

Ditto - Verizon charges additional fees for voice mail

Google Voice is free and it will email a transcript for reading when listening may not be appropriate.

Reply by KarenVentura on 2/25/13 11:01am
Msg #457657

Awesome! I just checked it out! Got an 805 number for free and it does text and voicemail to my cell phone!! LOVE IT! Thank you sooooooooooooo Much!
Karen

Reply by sueharke on 2/25/13 2:37am
Msg #457615

Why not get a second prepaid phone and see how well it works for you?

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 2/25/13 7:03am
Msg #457623

I had that problem when I moved from CA to AZ.

For a short time I used two cells. At one point, I bit the bullet and gave up the CA cell. I have a friend here in AZ who still has his NY cell number. He has been here for 7 years.

Reply by MW/VA on 2/25/13 7:26am
Msg #457626

IMO there's no reason to change your no. The beauty

of cell phone nos. is that they're portable & go wherever you are, unlike land-lines.
I know many people who keep their nos. when they move. We have a lot of military in my area, and I'm used to nos. from different area codes.
Since there are no long distance charges on a cell phone, I see no reason to change it. a
It's a personal preference, however.
I even hold onto an old email acct. address. I've used it for years in this biz, and would be a hassle to change it.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.