Notary Rotary
Pizza
Notary Discussion History

Pizza
Go Back to February, 2013 Index

Posted by Barbara___IL on 2/15/13 8:24am
Msg #455948

Pizza

What gets me, is when they call and offer less money, because the signing is only "6 miles from your house." I tell them I'm not going there to deliver a pizza, I'm going there to do a professional job, so they better give me $xxx no matter what. It's not how far we travel, it's what we do when we get there.

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 2/15/13 8:31am
Msg #455950

I disagree with you. Time and travel has a lot to do with it. It depends upon how far you are going.

Reply by Linda Juenger on 2/15/13 8:41am
Msg #455951

I disagree also. If my normal fee is $125 and I get offered $100 for one in my hometown which is driving less than 2 miles across town, you bet I take it. I can make a hefty profit on $100 bucks with about an hour work. Every job is different. You have to decide if you can make a profit with what they offer and what you take. Travel is a HUGE part of this job along with doing what we do when we get there.

Reply by Bear900/CA on 2/15/13 10:45am
Msg #455973

Do you ever get this? "But you only charged $xx last time?" I hate haggling.

Did a reverse application 5 minutes away and charged regular fee. She said, "hopefully, once you see how easy it is next time you can charge less. There are no notary stamps." You also have to collect documents and fax back. It takes the same amount of time. Plus, my broker license doesn't say I work for free (inserted to prevent long discussion on non-licensed application signing).

Reply by JanetK_CA on 2/16/13 1:07am
Msg #456137

That may be true - up to a point, but another question for you... Do they pay you more when it's a little bit farther out? In the past ('cause I don't work anymore for companies that try to squeeze me on fees because it's close), I found that the very ones who wanted to pay you less if close to your home base, will refuse to pay extra if there are any extenuating circumstances that cost you more. Besides, what if you have other appointments in different areas and docs are late (or something else changes), and you end up having to backtrack to make that "close to home" signing.

Reply by Barbara___IL on 2/15/13 9:19am
Msg #455961

I agree with you both. We should get paid for going a longer distance.
I'm talking about companies that want to pay you $70, because it's "so close". I think they should give you at least $xxx, and not try to lowball you, because it's not that far. I'm not taking under $100, even if it's next door. We still have the same responsibilities wherever it is.

Reply by 101livescan on 2/15/13 3:30pm
Msg #456059

....my car won't start for under $100....gas over $4.00 on the central coast, nearing 4.50

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.