Notary Rotary
Question for Tax Professionals
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2013 Index

Posted by Blueink_TN on 2/28/13 5:59pm
Msg #458579

I know there are a few Tax Pros on this site so I thought I would pose a question to them: My preparer says my return is completed however it is on hold due to the IRS not accepting form 8582 at this time. Said the form should be released any day however for now - no filing. How can this be? How can the IRS implement a form and then not accept it? I'm so confused. Thx in advance.

Reply by John Tennant on 2/28/13 6:03pm
Msg #458581

This year has been exceptionally weird. The IRS had to re-do quite a number of forms and could not get it done in time. Earlier this month I posted a list of about 30 forms that would hold up filing. Today they stated they were going to release some more. You can go into IRS.GOV and see what is still on hold. I have some clients that are still waiting also.

Reply by Blueink_TN on 2/28/13 6:08pm
Msg #458582

Thanks for the clarification John. Our Govt at it's best - back peddling *sigh*

Reply by sueharke on 2/28/13 6:56pm
Msg #458592

I am a CPA and your Tax Pro is correct. The Congress is to blame for the delay, not the IRS. There are several forms that have not been approved for use by the IRS, following the rules laid out by Congress. I have several clients whose returns I cannot file for the same reason.

Reply by Sha/CA on 2/28/13 7:29pm
Msg #458598

My CPA said 8582 could be filed 3-1-13. Is that still true? n/m

Reply by dgenoway/TX on 2/28/13 9:59pm
Msg #458647

yes 8582 is still delayed

http://www.irs.gov/uac/Newsroom/List-of-IRS-forms-that-1040-filers-can-begin-filing-in-late-February-or-into-March-2013

Ours was delayed due to depreciation. Just got our refund back yesterday.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.