Notary Rotary
Said they get many notaries accepting $75 for edocs in MD
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2013 Index

Posted by Alice/MD on 2/5/13 4:36pm
Msg #454139

I just don't understand how any TIPIC can work for this low fee.

Reply by 101livescan on 2/5/13 4:44pm
Msg #454140

Which companies are hiring at such low fees? Can you verify somehow? Roger at SoCal Signings says they do $75-$85 all day, but I don't believe them. I have a friend in next county who gets $125.

Reply by CarolF/NC on 2/5/13 4:55pm
Msg #454143

I personally believe fees have a lot to do with where you

live and then of course who's willing to work for less. I've lost several companies since Jan as they told me they were reducing their fees and they have notaries who will work for them. I think you need to make a business decision based on your expenses, and where you live, not anyone elses. I'm competing with people in my area, that can live the next county over for about 30% less than my housing, insurances, taxes, etc.

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 2/5/13 5:21pm
Msg #454150

If they have that long list, then why are they calling

around to other NSA's that do not accept the lowball offers?

Lately, I've been getting calls from several companies that I haven't accepted work for for in several years because they would not accept my fees. Some have even agreed to my previous prices, however, I charge these types of companies my top charge with absolutely no deductions when they call, if I even bother to answer the phone when some of them call. Could it be that there lowball accepting notaries have discovered that they cannot make a profit accepting such low fees for the job and have either gone out of business or have decided to increase their fees? Maybe? Either way, in order for these companies to even receive a discount to $125 for a local refi w/o any fax backs, they will have to accept my higher fees on a regular basis for a while.

On top of that, over the last several years I have noticed a trend with several companies that used to be "good paying" going the way of lowballing offers only to increase their own profits but somehow having difficulty in paying NSA's on time as agreed, or not at all. We have all seen several of them going out of business after they devalue the services that professional NSA's offer.

When I have a scheduler call me and state that they have several other notaries that will accept their lowball offer, my first, and only, question to them is, "Then why are you speaking to me now?" Once they make a comment like that, I don't care what they offer, I will not entertain any signing requests from them. They are not my target market. I prefer to stick with respectful companies that value the services I offer and respect our relationship enough to pay as agreed and on time.

Reply by leeinla on 2/5/13 5:54pm
Msg #454154

Re: Right on Mineyman/TX

Very well stated.

leeinla

Reply by leeinla on 2/5/13 5:54pm
Msg #454155

Re: Right on Moneyman/TX

Sorry.

Reply by MikeC/TX on 2/5/13 6:09pm
Msg #454158

My thoughts exactly, Chris

If they're calling you and trying to get you to accept a lower fee because "everyone else does", the first response that should come out of your mouth is, "So why are you calling me? Get one of them to do it."

Obviously, the reason they're calling you is because no one else would take that job. It's not a negotiation at that point - they're just trying to bully you by suggesting that you're overpriced.

Reply by NJDiva on 2/5/13 9:26pm
Msg #454193

YAAAAAAAAAAY MONEYMAN!!! YOU'RE MY HERO!!! AMEN!!!

" Once they make a comment like that, I don't care what they offer, I will not entertain any signing requests from them. They are not my target market. I prefer to stick with respectful companies that value the services I offer and respect our relationship enough to pay as agreed and on time."

DITTO, DITTO, DITTO, DITTO!!!!

Reply by Catrina Thompson on 2/6/13 10:02am
Msg #454217

I don't believe that at all! If any LTIP is accepting closings for that price they don't know what the heck they are doing and more than likely just trying to gain experience.

Reply by Alice/MD on 2/6/13 11:27am
Msg #454236

JMT Signing Co. is saying this is true in Maryland. Why will I do 4 closings for the same amount that I can do 2 closings. Wake up people ! Profit and Loss statement should tell you something.

Reply by Lisa Cirillo on 2/6/13 11:59am
Msg #454244

I think that what has happened is there are so many people jumping on the Mobile Notary Bus and working for low fees that the signing companies, etc think they can get anyone to go out for minimal fees. I can't do that, we still have to make money to pay for our overhead expenses. But, you know that old saying, you get what you pay for!!! For me, I have to stick to my fees.

Reply by ToniK on 2/6/13 12:37pm
Msg #454259

Its crazy I get emails from companies about going into MD for $65. I get calls from companies asking me to travel into MD since Im supposedly 15-20 miles away (yes Im on the state line of MD/VA) and I always have to tell them Im not dual commission and they need to find a MD notary with TPL.

Reply by BossLadyMD on 2/6/13 4:07pm
Msg #454318

Folks who use their daytime employers equipment get $75

My fee is $XXX. There is no way I would work for that little bit of money.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.