Notary Rotary
ServiceLink
Notary Discussion History

ServiceLink
Go Back to February, 2013 Index

Posted by A S Johnson on 2/19/13 9:24am
Msg #456490

ServiceLink

In 12 years, a 1st----202 pages X 2. Slooow printing docs.
20 pages faxbacks.
65 miles one way
$175.
Couldn't tell me who the lender was or the size of the packet but did tellme it had about 10 pages that need to faxed back.
Call 1st time at 5:30 pm for this to happen in Graham at 7 pm that night. had to get the fee approved. Called back with fee approval at 5 minutes of 7. docs arrived at 7:05 PM. trides to call back to give it back as I was mislled. No answer. I did it. Home about 11 PM. This was a signing service not SL>
Funny had a call from Service Link about this signing Fri for 11AM Mon. Turn it down as they would not meet my fee. Only way I know it was the same signing was they tiold me it was supposed to be at 11 AM Monday.
I will be calling for a fee upgrade.

Reply by ToniK on 2/19/13 10:13am
Msg #456495

Wow...I bill by the hour for signings over 40 miles one way. I get paid min $75 per hour no less.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 2/19/13 11:15am
Msg #456505

So, this was actually SS that ServiceLink used?

If so, guess as with any other TC, if SL can't fill order in a reason time frame (with what they consider a reasonable fee), they farm it out to some SS.

Sid, out of curiosity, had you quoted SL the same fee you initially quoted the SS?

Reply by John E. Rogers on 2/19/13 11:37am
Msg #456506

Re: So, this was actually SS that ServiceLink used?

I would urge caution working with ServiceLink or any SS they engage; last one I did for SL was through Closers in Indiana, a normally good agency to work with; but...they were not told about SL package which required the "entire" doc packet to be faxed back, plus instructions spread throughout the entire 133 page packet and...docs arrived 1.5 hrs. prior to closing time. I explained the problems to the SS and they said they did not know about this situation either. SL did not bother to send a return label either.

I had other assignments scheduled so told them I could fax back the doc packet late that evening and for an additional fee. SS already had agreed (with SL) for a fee so with SS authorization, I simply placed the doc packet in an envelope and dropped it for next day delivery. I told SS to NOT send anymore SL closings to me unless they are willing to pay a higher fee, provide docs in a timely manner, and send return label.

I did a lot of work for SL several years ago and experienced similar problems i.e. low fees, many faxbacks. Again...I advise "caution" for SL assignments. jer/OH

Reply by BossLadyMD on 2/19/13 12:55pm
Msg #456518

I am doing work for ServiceLink thru an SS

But there have been no faxbacks...interesting. And the SS is paying my normal fee so that's super strange....

Reply by John E. Rogers on 2/19/13 1:27pm
Msg #456525

Re: I am doing work for ServiceLink thru an SS

Good to hear that my situation was apparently a "fluke", at least I hope so. Of course, the SS could also be playing games! It would be unusual for them but, well as we used to say in the 60's #$@# happens!
jer/OH

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.