Notary Rotary
Service Link
Notary Discussion History

Service Link
Go Back to February, 2013 Index

Posted by pat/WA on 2/5/13 1:14pm
Msg #454093

Service Link

I had a request from Service Link for a signing today. It was an automated voice that sounded like her mouth was full of marbles. It offered two options, accept or decline. No opportunity to ask for a zip code or address.
Needless to say I don't like this metod of scheduling.

Reply by C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 2/5/13 1:15pm
Msg #454094

WOW...looks like SS are now into ROBO calling...ick... n/m

Reply by notary/OR on 2/6/13 9:40am
Msg #454214

What's the problem?...its so easy

They send you a text or an automated call, it gives you all the information plus the fee YOU set up with vendor billing and you accept or decline...what is to complain about that?

Reply by Allison Maxwell on 2/8/13 1:51pm
Msg #454796

Re: What's the problem?...its so easy

I agree. I've never had problems with them.

Reply by LMS on 2/5/13 1:30pm
Msg #454098

That's funny I get those all the time. It always tells me where, when, lender, fee and if you accept the borrowers name.

Reply by ToniK on 2/5/13 1:49pm
Msg #454102

I have gotten those because I opted to. But it always gives me the details of the assignment. I dont get those often. I usually get calls from a live person. Most automated calls or SMS comes after hours or on weekends.

Reply by pat/WA on 2/5/13 2:12pm
Msg #454111

How do you negotiate the fee?
What if you didn't understand what it said?

Reply by C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 2/5/13 2:53pm
Msg #454121

my thoughts exactly...its easier to send these type of calls

out because it takes away the ability for the NSA to NEGOTIATE....very important.

I get the SMS but after a while at $65 these get annoying and I have opted out from receiving these texts...

Reply by ToniK on 2/5/13 3:14pm
Msg #454126

Well being that my fee schedule is up to date with Servicelink and Im very familiar with the packages. They only send SMS or these type calls for local signings within 10 miles of me. They call if they need a signing done further than that. I have never gotten offered $65 from servicelink. Im always paid $XXX and its based on my fee schedule in their system. Maybe you should update yours.

Reply by Donna McDaniel on 2/5/13 3:28pm
Msg #454128

I emailed Servicelink about receiving these calls and text for signings out of my area (50 plus miles) at my base fee, but I never got any in my actual coverage area.

I asked them if I can assume the system does not use distancing to select the nearest notaries.

The response was "Yes the system is set up to contact vendors by fee not by distance for now at least. We are working on upgrading the automated system in March. There may be light at the end of the tunnel."

Reply by LMS on 2/5/13 4:18pm
Msg #454136

The fee is always correct, because they have my fee for every county I cover. So, it's not an issue for me.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.