Notary Rotary
Service Link
Notary Discussion History

Service Link
Go Back to February, 2013 Index

Posted by pat/WA on 2/7/13 12:04pm
Msg #454539

Service Link

Service link's automated scheduling service is quoting fees for local signings that are sixty miles away. How do you negotiate with them?

Reply by Yoli/CA on 2/7/13 12:15pm
Msg #454542

Pat: Why not call Vendor Management and ask them to take you off the automated system and put you back on a real person calling you directly? In that manner you can ask them to clarify when you don't understand what they're saying, you can negotiate your service area, you can negotiate your fee, etc.

Just a suggestion ......

Reply by IAC on 2/7/13 3:05pm
Msg #454568

No need to call Vendor Management, all you will get is a machine, I have left 4 messages regarding funds owed from Dec. no one returns calls, I emailed, no response. Received a email with new vendor rep for this area left him (Craig Robinson) 3 emails still no response. The last email I left him I told him he needs to educate himself on what a vendor rep's responsibility. Anyone help so I can get paid?

Reply by Yoli/CA on 2/7/13 3:17pm
Msg #454569

IAC, please check your PM.

Reply by Scriba/NM on 2/7/13 3:53pm
Msg #454580

Not Done Correctly

You have obviously not set up your profile correctly. I use the automated system and it works just fine (with the exception that the computer has a hard time with names - maybe English in general). The computer already knows when a signing is out of my area and quotes the correct pricing ONLY if your profile has been set up right, with the right fees. You have to do that on your own!

About getting paid, that's sort of a weird road. On the website, you have to enter your Completion Status data on the day you complete your signing. HOWEVER, you have to enter the E-Invoicing THE NEXT DAY, AFTER THE SIGNING. It's totally weird. If you don't get paid within two weeks, RE-ENTER the data under "Enter E-Invoice" on your missing invoice AGAIN. You will then get a check within a week or so.

Anyone having problems with payment needs to email Wendy Chaffin, Vendor Billing Team Lead at [e-mail address].

Anyone having problems with their profile (or haven't bothered to set it up hoping that some eternal diety will just magically take care of it) needs to email Jackie Balser, Vendor Management Team Lead at [e-mail address]

Sending blind emails and making phone calls is a waste of time - If a notary is not going to be proactive then he or she won't get paid. All of this information is on the S/L website.

Reply by pat/WA on 2/7/13 3:56pm
Msg #454582

Re: Not Done Correctly

I set my profile up with Service link years ago and it works fine. It is only with the automated system that they are not offering the correct fee for the miles traveled.
When signings that require travel and no fee for travel is offered I decline

Reply by Donna McDaniel on 2/7/13 4:09pm
Msg #454588

Posted 2 days ago...

I emailed Servicelink about receiving these calls and text for signings out of my area (50 plus miles) at my base fee, but I never got any in my actual coverage area.

I asked them if I can assume the system does not use distancing to select the nearest notaries.

The response was "Yes the system is set up to contact vendors by fee not by distance for now at least. We are working on upgrading the automated system in March. There may be light at the end of the tunnel."

Reply by Allison Maxwell on 2/8/13 11:33am
Msg #454747

Re: Posted 2 days ago...

Never have any problems with servicelink; Have been with them for 3 years; Follow their invoicing and statusing and you should be fine!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.