Notary Rotary
Service Link
Notary Discussion History

Service Link
Go Back to February, 2013 Index

Posted by Brenda Frank on 2/12/13 5:27pm
Msg #455536

Service Link

Anyone else having problems accepting closings to find out they are not where the Agent said they were? It has been happening way to often. I just accepted on that was supposed to be about 20 minutes from me to find out that it is over an hour away. I don't think so not with what they are paying for loan modifications.

Reply by Jessica/FL on 2/12/13 5:29pm
Msg #455537

It happens, and it happens a lot. This is why I always contact the borrower right away to confirm the signing time and location. If it isn't in the location where the service thought, and is too far, I give it back.

Reply by HSH/WA on 2/12/13 5:36pm
Msg #455540

Re: I struggle with too many pass words that don't work n/m

Reply by Brenda Frank on 2/12/13 5:36pm
Msg #455541

That is what I have been doing as well. They tried to say this is the information that was sent to them by the lender. I think not! So frustrating

Reply by ToniK on 2/12/13 6:15pm
Msg #455549

I ask for address to address. They usuaaly just mention city or zipcode. As for loan mods I only do within a 5 mile radius

Reply by MonicaFL on 2/12/13 6:21pm
Msg #455552

When I get a call I immediately ask them what the zip code is and the actual address - that gives me an idea as to how far it really is. If they tell me its only 5 miles from you - and they have given me the actual address and zip code, I ask them if they figured the mileage from ZIP CODE TO ZIP CODE - that is what they are doing!!!!! Good example, had a reverse mortgage was told it was only 12 miles from me - when I mapquested it I found it was 37 miles and immediately called the company back and asked them how they figured the mileage. They said, well, your zip code is such and such and the borrower's zip code is such and such. I told them that the county they wanted me to go to comprised about 40 miles - so zip code to zip code is most definitely not accurate. I got my fee!!!!!

Reply by KODI/CA on 2/12/13 6:31pm
Msg #455556

If they cannot provide address to address I turn the job down. San Diego County is one of the largest counties in the country with huge zip codes.

Reply by jojo_MN on 2/13/13 10:24am
Msg #455612

I always ask them to use Mapquest (most accurate in my area)

Sometimes I am not close to a computer and ask the schedulers if they can bring it up on Mapquest because that is the most accurate in my area as far as time/distance traveled. I also tell them to go from my address to exact closing location. There are so many post offices closing that it might only be 25 miles from my city to theirs; however, the smaller towns are now sharing post offices. A zip code may show a city 25 miles from me; but in reality, it could be 50 or more miles away.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.