Notary Rotary
Servicelink Seminar
Notary Discussion History

Servicelink Seminar
Go Back to February, 2013 Index

Posted by Donna McDaniel on 2/16/13 6:09pm
Msg #456212

Servicelink Seminar

I attended the seminar for Servicelink this past Thursday in Tampa. I was surprised to find that I was the only one there from my county. I must say that I am glad I took the time to attend.

I will not indulge all the details, but I would advise anyone who has been invited to attend one of their seminars to make it a point to go and listen to what they have to say.

Reply by Donna McDaniel on 2/16/13 6:11pm
Msg #456213

oops..or divuldge either...... n/m

Reply by BossLadyMD on 2/16/13 6:27pm
Msg #456216

I hope that discussed raising their low ball fees

They should also eliminate their ridiculous invoicing procedures.

I wouldnt go to a Servicelink seminar even if it was right next door to me.

Reply by BossLadyMD on 2/16/13 6:28pm
Msg #456217

Re: I hope they* discussed raising their low ball fees n/m

Reply by ikando on 2/16/13 6:37pm
Msg #456219

Re: I hope that discussed raising their low ball fees

BossLady, their invoicing procedures is why I haven't taken any jobs from them.

Reply by Donna McDaniel on 2/16/13 6:47pm
Msg #456220

My apologies

This post was meant for the open minded, forward looking folks out there.

As for fees, like everyone else, if they want you they will pay you.

Reply by BossLadyMD on 2/16/13 6:53pm
Msg #456222

Sorry, I wont work for $85 and then submit 500 invoices

They do call me and offer more sometimes but I still turn them down because their invoicing STINKS.

I just send the calls to voicemail now.

Reply by desktopfull on 2/16/13 7:13pm
Msg #456223

The problem is the 4 month interest free loan you give

them before they finally send you the fees that they agreed to pay you for your notary services after you've sent them 100 invoices for payment that they claim they never received.

Reply by Donna McDaniel on 2/16/13 7:14pm
Msg #456224

DTF, this was addressed at the meeting. n/m

Reply by desktopfull on 2/16/13 7:16pm
Msg #456225

And their excuse was? n/m

Reply by pan/nd on 2/16/13 8:35pm
Msg #456230

Re: The problem is the 4 month interest free loan you give

desktop,

I've done business with 'em for going on 10 years now....the ATM side for probably 5 years.

Never had a payment or invoicing problem with the "original" SL..still don't.

The idea of sending in an invoice via mail is archaic..if not ancient and cumbersome.

I do it and grumble each and every time.

On the ATM side their e-invoicing is anything but easy and for darn sure it is NOT streamlined

and simple

Having said that...since those are the hoops one has to go thru to get paid...then I'm biting

the bullet very hard and doing it. Happy about it? HE$$ NO.

But, that's the way the Mercedes bends.

Got to say I haven't had a payment problem with them yet.

And I imagine it's very frustrating to have them owe you money and you can't get paid

because of proceedural matters.

Hang in there...sounds like they may finally realize things need to change..but

unfortunately change seems to come slow

Reply by desktopfull on 2/16/13 8:58pm
Msg #456232

I solved the problem by finding new clients and telling them

NO when they called, they don't call anymore thankfully!

Reply by BossLadyMD on 2/16/13 6:48pm
Msg #456221

Exactly, I'm not surprised at all that no one else was there n/m

Reply by HSH/WA on 2/16/13 7:52pm
Msg #456228

Re: Thanks for the tip, I'll go if they have it up here. n/m

Reply by leeinla on 2/16/13 11:15pm
Msg #456237

Re: No payment issues either

I had problem logging in to their system. It took some time to solve. They pay my rate.

Reply by Lavergne Manuel on 2/17/13 7:55am
Msg #456245

Re: No payment issues either

A few weeks ago I got an email from Servicelink telling me that they would only pay $15.00 for printing and for me to send an updated fee for the travel and signings. So I raised my fee another $15 to $25.00 which of course raised my total fee and now they are using me more than ever. I live in a rural area so sometimes I drive long distances.

Every signing I did this last week was for Servicelink. One that I did yesterday which was Saturday was 87 miles one way. I checked the Find A Notary on NotaryRotary and they had 16 Signing Agents that were a lot closer than me but they called me 3 days in advance and they have my fee and when I ask what they are paying me, just to make sure that it is the fee that I gave them. They tell me the fee plus $15.00 for e-docs and it is has always been right so I'm sure not complaining.

I had some issues in the past with the invoicing but once you learn their different procedures for their different companies, I find it really simple. So at the moment I am really happy with Servicelink.

Reply by CinOH on 2/17/13 7:50am
Msg #456243

Re: I hope that discussed raising their low ball fees

Amen. Their invoicing procedures are beyond ridiculous, they're abusive.

The last job I did for them the processor on the file refused to send me the paper invoice needed for that particular file. After 2 days and multiple phone calls, I had to speak to her supervisor who did email the invoice.

I refuse to beg or kiss anyone's behind for an invoice that should have been provided up front.

They truly are a ridiculous company.

Reply by ToniK on 2/17/13 10:16am
Msg #456252

They pay me WELL!!!

Maybe you should negotiate your fees better. They dont argue with me nor do I have to negotiate. I tell them my fee and they agree to it. Love Servicelink, dont like the invoicing process though. Wish they had direct deposit too.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 2/17/13 10:48am
Msg #456255

Re: They pay me WELL and within 2 weeks!!

Their lowest fee for me is $175. As with ToniK, I quote them based on each order (distance, fax/scanbacks, etc.) and they agree to it. My check is in my mailbox within 2 weeks.

I will say, I've only worked with the side that accepts e-invoicing and they've been GREAT!! Although, you're right, Toni. Direct deposit would be a nice perk.

I have absolutely no experience with their other facets so cannot speak to them. In fact, I've never even been sent a mail-in invoice.

Reply by StaceyB/NJ on 2/17/13 11:02am
Msg #456258

Re: They pay me WELL!!!

I too get paid my rate -- as far as invoicing -- never a problem -- depending on the lender, it's an e-invoice -- usually paid within 2 weeks -- or submit once a month via email and paid two weeks after submission.

Reply by BossLadyMD on 2/17/13 2:04pm
Msg #456274

I'd have to hire someone just to handle my admin for them

They do call me ever now and again but I send it to voicemail. I just dont like their payment procedures.

Reply by Barb25 on 2/17/13 3:51pm
Msg #456282

LOL. I think we all know how you feel. n/m

Reply by Kenny Services - Dawn on 2/17/13 9:44am
Msg #456248

Two years ago I was doing a ton of work for them, last year I got tired of waiting forever for my low ball fees and last minutes docs, and their instructions are ridiculous, if they ever give you the correct number for a human to answer for help, i would fall off my chair, not to mention the size of the loan pkg...some of them had the appraisal in them...i work for an appraisal company in addition to this job and i can tell you, service link is paid to print the appraisal and now they have you print it at your expense!!! I have a lot less headaches since cutting them loose.

Reply by Barb25 on 2/17/13 10:58am
Msg #456256

I think it's nice to know that a company has realized that they have more than likely lost a lot of good people and have had to take a good look at the business in its entirety. No matter how long it has taken. Better late than never. It's more than some of the other large companies have done so far, it would seem.

Reply by BossLadyMD on 2/17/13 2:09pm
Msg #456275

Agreed, especially since they're STILL calling me. No thanks n/m

Reply by Barb25 on 2/17/13 3:52pm
Msg #456283

LOL n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.