Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Servicelink --- borrowers already have docs?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2013 Index

Posted by Marian_in_CA on 2/27/13 3:00pm
Msg #458213

This is a new one for me... only because it's not happened yet. But ServiceLink contacted me today for a signing where the borrowers already have the documents in hand.

I've not done too many assignments with SL lately because I'm kind of at the bottom of their list since I won't agree to their pre-assigned fee schedule. They really only call me now when they can't find anyone else and know that they're going to have to pay *my* fees. Fortunately, SL is set up so that they have my fees right there in front of them, so I know if they're calling me, they've already approved the fee.

Anyway, Is this a new thing with them to reduce costs? NOt that I mind terribly, but my experience with SL packages for my area has been that they require a lot of attached loose certificates (for CA) because the notarial working is never right and sometimes things are missing --- most of the SL packages I do are VA refis, so they are larger, too. I like to review the SL packages well in advance of the appointment just to be safe.

Anyway, I couldn't take this particular one because I was already booked, but thought it was interesting because I haven't yet heard of SL doing this. Other companies, sure, but not SL yet.

Reply by Lee/AR on 2/27/13 3:19pm
Msg #458221

Not common... never happened to me. n/m

Reply by Yoli/CA on 2/27/13 3:27pm
Msg #458225

Never happened to me. Always e-docs so far ....... n/m

Reply by Treasure Valley Notary - Tina on 2/27/13 3:43pm
Msg #458231

Marian, I've had it several times. I don't charge my edoc fee, and it also reduces my time spent with the borrowers. I ask that they review the docs before I get there. I am very specific about them opening the package and what they do and don't do with it. IF they are sent the package in advance then I in reality need to do only cover the very basics with the borrowers. I actually like these kind of signings. Wish I had more of them. Service Link only tends to call me when they have a need for white glove treatment or they can't find someone else at lower prices.

But Idaho and Eastern Oregon are pretty remote, not a lot of population (1.5 million in the entire state of Idaho). So I don't get a lot of volume. I actually have to laugh at a company when they try to entice me with that line. I've been having companies use this technique for a lot of years.

Reply by janCA on 2/27/13 3:56pm
Msg #458242

Last refi with SL was suppose to b overnighted. Turned out to b edocs. They added the edoc fee with no problem. I would always rather have ON'd docs.

Reply by FormerEO on 2/27/13 5:42pm
Msg #458267

Some borrowers insist on having the docs in hand to review prior to the signing agent coming to their signing location. I have had this happen several times and I love it. Saves me time and headaches at the signing table.

Reply by ToniK on 2/27/13 7:08pm
Msg #458301

split signing? n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.