Notary Rotary
Skye Closings Gahanno OH
Notary Discussion History

Skye Closings Gahanno OH
Go Back to February, 2013 Index

Posted by JanelWI on 2/1/13 11:22pm
Msg #453558

Skye Closings Gahanno OH

Just accepted my first order, does anyone have any after hours or cell numbers for these guys. Their website is not letting me retrieve my docs. It looks as though no one has approved my information that I filled in therefore, I can't get docs for tomorrow. Again, does anyone have any cells or after hour emergency numbers for this company?

Any help would be appreciated! I have emailed, sent a tweet, sent a message via FaceBook, left messages on their main line, but everyone seems to have a life except me.....any help would be greatly appreciated!

Reply by JanetK_CA on 2/1/13 11:40pm
Msg #453560

Wish I could help. I wonder if I dodged a bullet 'cause I turned down one from them today. They were only willing to pay a fee just under $100 and that just doesn't work for me.

Best of luck - and I hope you get paid more than they offered me!

Reply by linda/ca on 2/1/13 11:55pm
Msg #453565

JanetK/CA Check your private message.

Reply by linda/ca on 2/1/13 11:56pm
Msg #453566

Re: OOPS! JanetK/Ca check your private message. n/m

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 2/1/13 11:40pm
Msg #453561

This is the cell/mobile number listed in SC -- 866.507.2818

Good luck Smile

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 2/1/13 11:44pm
Msg #453563

Linked to SC now, may find some additional info to help ? n/m

Reply by JanelWI on 2/2/13 7:42am
Msg #453581

Yes, tried that one too, if only they would answer!!!

Thanks! :-)

I even did a search for a home phone for the owners.....so when I say I did pretty much everything at this point...I mean, I really did including the info on this site. I sent twitter messages, which I hate twitter, I sent a Facebook message to them, I emailed and called all the numbers, searched the BBB for ownership information, found that info and a different email for Rebecca at Skye and sent an email as well to that one and then did a search to see if I could get a land line for her. However, when I called the home number last night it said it was disconnected so they could just be using wireless devices. I don't think anyone can say I did not try. I even took a screen shot and emailed that to them so they could see what the issue is and why I can't get to the "work order" tab. So, I guess the ball is in their court now.

Reply by ArtG/KS on 2/2/13 10:07am
Msg #453612

I just got a call from them at this number on my caller id: 614-454-3900. Hope it works.

Reply by linda/ca on 2/1/13 11:41pm
Msg #453562

Re: Janel, check your Private messages. n/m

Reply by Leslie_Mo on 2/1/13 11:53pm
Msg #453564

I've always found that Rob will respond if you leave a message on the main number. He apparently does check the voice mail.

Reply by desktopfull on 2/2/13 12:15am
Msg #453567

Use the "live chat" on the website. n/m

Reply by linda/ca on 2/2/13 1:07am
Msg #453574

I'm too tired to chat, desktop.:-) Just brevity tonight. Do

anyone still use chat? Didn't know it was still available. Thanks for letting me know.

Reply by JanelWI on 2/2/13 7:29am
Msg #453580

Thanks Guys

The Chat is not working I tried that on their site. It says no one is available at this time. I was hoping someone had done a closing and had a cell number or after hours number because I have left messages, sent emails etc with no response so far. They insisted that I go to their site to fill in my information before they could send me the closing order. So, I did that, did not get to uploading my docs like the W9, Commission etc because I had a full day of closings today....but they sent the order over to me and the email to log in and get docs. So, I logged in to get the docs via their email and it just took me to the registration page. I did not see the page where it said "work orders". So, I though I may have to complete the process by uploading my docs and then once that was complete I would be able to get to the orders page. That did not work because now all I see is a blue screen that tells me my information is under review by the administrator. Still no way to get to the docs. So, I still need my docs for today and I really don't want to string this borrower along all day on a Saturday because of the signing service. You know? So, I was hoping someone had a cell or after hours number that may help because I am getting no calls back or emails back. I am just hoping someone is in today.

Reply by Brenda/FL on 2/2/13 8:05am
Msg #453584

Try 614-454-3900, they use this number to text.

Reply by NJDiva on 2/2/13 8:08am
Msg #453585

This company used to pay a decent fee but they've become

lowballers. So maybe you should listen to the message that you shouldn't be working for lowballers?

Reply by NJDiva on 2/2/13 8:14am
Msg #453587

That didn't sound too nice...I used to work for them and got

my fee, but I didn't hear from them in a while and in the past few weeks/months started hearing from them again and in turns out they've lowered their fee. I've no doubt it's because they realize that they CAN because of the undercutting notaries that are accepting these fees. This is the problem. Don't get me wrong, I've done closings for them and gotten my fee even though they've tried to undercut.

Reply by NJDiva on 2/2/13 8:15am
Msg #453588

And Janel, I meant to add, sorry for the snarky remark..lol

didn't mean it the way it came out...lol

Reply by JanelWI on 2/2/13 3:53pm
Msg #453665

Re: And Janel, I meant to add, sorry for the snarky remark..lol

No worries:

Every once in awhile I regurgitate an opinion or two and once in a blue moon (since I have no life and work all the time!), a worth while gem! I totally understood what you meant about low ball fees because I have my opinions on certain signing services. I am 17 years in now....I would prefer that we work directly with the title companies. If they agree to my fee great, but I am not interested in justifying my fee to signing services.

Either they want experience or they don't. The number of pages I print or how many notarizations, or whether the docs are pre-dated, or whether or not I have to print a borrower copy, or whether or not there are faxbacks, blah blah blah....etc...

Do they think we who are experienced have not done the math? Do they think we can't hear them trying to justify the "shrinkage" of our fee with their every breath! Now, not all signing services are this way, there are some good ones out there. I am just past the point of having to argue about my fee or justify it. They have no idea what my fee should be, they don't live here, they don't know my cost for supplies, travel and overhead and I don't know what the hell kind of maps they use, but their supposed calculation for distance is usually always wrong.....at the end of the day we are business owners and have more to consider than their little script of why we should only expect $50-$90 for a fee. It is insulting and no longer amusing.

I am more than just a "notary" going to do a job. My notary commission is the tool I use and I am responsible to adhere to laws of my state and statutes required of a ministerial official. However, there is no loan document signing course in WI to "become" a Notary Public. In fact, there is no mention of conducting loan closings at all when you "become" a Notary in WI.

In my opinion, "Notaries" do not conduct loan closings, Professional Document Signing Agents do. These individuals need to have certain certifications and requirements such as a notary certificate, BGC, E&O etc.... If they want just a notary, don't call me. But, if they want an experienced, knowledgable, professional document signing agent with all the tools and insurance to do her job, then by all means....let the phone ring!

NJ/Diva: I am sure you can tell by this response that there is no way I possibly would have thought your comment was snarky:-) Many happy travels to you and good luck for a prosperous year!

Reply by MW/VA on 2/2/13 8:40am
Msg #453592

I've had problems with their website also. I get really

irritated with them--they text, email, etc. & I feel spammed. I've done a few for them, go over time & again what my fee is, and they still pay me a lower fee. I'm done with them.

Reply by loancloser46 on 2/2/13 9:01am
Msg #453600

$90 loooowballers.....m/n n/m

Reply by ArtG/KS on 2/2/13 10:12am
Msg #453614

Re: $90 loooowballers.....m/n

Quote your price including your time, distance and other factorial considerations and then let the chips fall where they may. If your in an area with few signings, you may have to accept a lower fee to stay in this business. If you are in an area of high bee-hive signing activity, then if competition is not too strong you can charge higher fees and get them. There are few places that trend out the same in this business just like my year never trends the same from year to year either. I might mention that this company has high ratings and not just with NR.

Reply by JanelWI on 2/2/13 3:19pm
Msg #453658

Thought I would wrap up the story and say thanks!

Everyone,

Thank you for the info, I was finally able to get someone this morning. They did not realize my account had not been activated so I could actually get to the order screen, so she fixed that and I was then able to finally see the work orders tab. Signing finished successfully!

Another happy closing.....and no, I did not accept it for $90.00. :-)

Thanks again to everyone!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.