Notary Rotary
Tag onto How old is old? message
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2013 Index

Posted by ikando on 2/26/13 4:54pm
Msg #458001

I wonder if the fact that the majority of responders are over 50, and are responders on this board on a regular basis, if that is the reason "we" (I'll be 65 in August) have a perspective that younger, newer board members don't? Perhaps our life and business experience can be taken as worthwhile because we've been there, rather than put down because we're "old". We may not be as quick with text messages or the next newest gadget, but we have a grounding that only comes with time.

Reply by Notarysigner on 2/26/13 4:58pm
Msg #458004

you mean like "we're too old to go for THAT BS............."

Reply by ikando on 2/26/13 5:04pm
Msg #458005

How about, we're too "experienced", "savvy", or "aware" to go for that BS?

Reply by Notarysigner on 2/26/13 5:08pm
Msg #458006

Do you mean political correctness still applies after you retire? ShUCks

Reply by MW/VA on 2/26/13 5:39pm
Msg #458016

There's no age discrimination in this field. Many of us are

in our 60's-----so what. The co's. only care about what kind of job we do, and many of us from that era were taught work ethic, etc. It's an asset, not a liability. ;-)

Reply by pat/WA on 2/26/13 6:10pm
Msg #458030

Re: There's no age discrimination in this field. Many of us are

you are right. When you take pride in your work it shows

Reply by 101livescan on 2/26/13 8:34pm
Msg #458050

At this stage in life, we've pretty much seen everything, right? We know how to handle situations...people out of control, control freaks, people melting down, people cracking up, great people, old people (older than us), young, inexperienced borrowers, clueless people, all shapes, varieties, from all walks of life.

Nothing shocks us, right? If it does, we don't react. Like the time a transvestite in a tight pink skirt and rhinestone stillettos, halter top and long blond wig came to the door and I was expecting, well, I am not sure, but not THAT...I had to wear my poker face...and be more gentle than I've ever been, sincere and careful not to say the wrong thing. WOW!

This job is not a cake walk, so when people ask me what skills you gotta have to do this, I say, people skills. Great people skills and lots of common sense. Compassion and the ability to put yourself in other people's shoes, like rhinestone stillettos.

Reply by Claudine Osborne on 2/26/13 9:23pm
Msg #458063

Im not in the 60s age group..Im in my early 50s..I say we are in the bracket where we are old enough not to take the BS..

Reply by Darlin_AL on 2/27/13 5:58pm
Msg #458282

ooooooh, I can hardly wait for the stillettos! But I don't think there's much of a chance here in the Bible Belt, & the circles I travel in. My son was a big city policeman, and my favorite picture is one of him on an after-hours club security job with the 6'7" transvestite on his lap, wearing---rhinestone stillettos!

Reply by jba/fl on 2/26/13 10:27pm
Msg #458074

If we all were a company, we would be able to say

"a gazillion years of experience." And be truthful. (Well, pretty much)

Reply by ArtG/KS on 2/27/13 7:22am
Msg #458099

The late Ronald Reagan said it best. . . .

During his campaign and debate with Walter Mondale he stated something such as, "I am not going to let youth and inexperience be a concern from me in this campaign." Ditto here.

Reply by 101livescan on 2/27/13 8:58am
Msg #458127

Re: The late Ronald Reagan said it best. . . .

Touche!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.