Notary Rotary
Thank you new notary in my county
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2013 Index

Posted by ToniK on 2/20/13 10:14pm
Msg #456780

So Im called to replace a notary tonight who could not keep her appointment. So SS told BO that notary overbooked herself and that she was new.

BO was not happy because notary called at 530pm to say she would be running extremely late for the 6pm signing. She was on her way to her 5pm signing and she wouldnt be able to arrive before 7pm more likely closer to 730p. She also told BO that it would probably be best to reschedule for tomorrow if she didnt want to do it tonight.

Oh and this BO I knew. I did a signing for her back in January.

All I have to say is wow! I would like to know who this superstar was tonight! lol

Reply by snowflake/PA on 2/21/13 6:57am
Msg #456794

Maybe this notary recceived all late docs. Perhaps the ss stretched the truth and they forgot to schedule someone. SS really had no right to tell Bos what she did. And, from what I am reading, she kept her borrowers apprised of her time delays. However, she did really need to close all her appts that night. Her appts may have been from one end of a county to another.
JMHO

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 2/21/13 8:22am
Msg #456803

We don't know all the circumstances. I agree with you!

The scheduler should not have said anything.

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 2/21/13 7:35am
Msg #456796

Sometimes that happens.

It's not necessarily that the notary overbooked herself. Sometimes glitches happen and there are issues with docs that are unforeseen. It could happen to you too!
Back in the old days when docs were overnighted to the borrowers, all kinds of things happened. There were often surprise piggy backs. I would be careful about laughing at the other notary. someday it could happen to you.

Reply by ToniK on 2/21/13 7:47am
Msg #456797

Re: Sometimes that happens.

Not when you take 60-90 mins per signing as that what she told the BO directly. If you take that long to do a signing you dont book a 5pm and a 6pm and not account for travel and issues. It was clearly she overbooked herself.

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 2/21/13 8:18am
Msg #456802

Is it possible that it was a 4PM that turned into a 5 PM due to late docs? I usually book 2 hous apart.

Reply by MikeIL on 2/21/13 10:17am
Msg #456841

Good thing there is one perfect notary in your county.

Reply by mwm143 on 2/21/13 11:42am
Msg #456873

Red Flag when she suggested to move closing

to the next day. Clearly she is brand new in the business.

Reply by desktopfull on 2/21/13 11:55am
Msg #456887

Not really, some docs aren't date sensitive, had one like

that yesterday from Old Republic with instructions for borrower to use the date when signing, not the date of the docs.

Reply by mwm143 on 2/21/13 12:16pm
Msg #456895

That's a question for ToniK. Were the docs

date sensitive?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.