Notary Rotary
Two Signers different forms of ID
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2013 Index

Posted by Smug/Fl on 2/28/13 2:50pm
Msg #458522

I know this has most likely been asked before tried a search and couldn't find anything.
Husband has Passport wife has D/L. Cant find any info in Handbook. How to complete Notarial wording for ID.

presented Passport and Drivers License be correct or presented Passport and Drivers License consecutively

Reply by JPH13/MO on 2/28/13 2:58pm
Msg #458524

At least in the 2 states I cover, that wording is not required as part of the notarial certificate, but what I would do is put "presented passport (John Doe) and driver's license (Jane Doe)", You would probably need to write small but that would cover it best. If not enough room, maybe (him) for the guy and (her) for the girl. Just my opinion, I'm no lawyer, and again it's not required wording in my state so there is no required way to word it nor is the info needed other than the company wants it added in.

Reply by Pam/NM on 2/28/13 3:01pm
Msg #458525

I couldn't find it in my handbook either (NM). I would think the 2nd format would work...or attach a separate acknowledgement for one of the spouses?

Reply by jba/fl on 2/28/13 4:17pm
Msg #458542

I would probably go with separate acks or jurats - then could add another $10 deduction per since I am no longer paying SS tax on these.

Or make one up .....before me, John Doe who presented U.S. Passport and Jane Doe who presented Drivers License as identification.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.