Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
WOW, this is a big first and I'm ticked....
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2013 Index

Posted by Malbrough_LA on 2/27/13 9:09am
Msg #458133

Just got a call from a CA based company who shall remain nameless for the time being until I receive a return call from their HMFIC (if you don't get it, PM me...or google it...first one from Urban Dictionary). They wanted to overnight me a package to "correct errors that a previous notary made". No problem, which Parish is the BO in so I can go and take care of this? "Oh no, we're just going to overnight the docs, you fix them and mail them back." . . . . My exact response, albeit not very intelligent due to shock, was "Uhh...Errrmmmm.....what?" Request was repeated. Madam, have a day because I cannot wish you a good one after a request like that....

Looked them up on SC, yes they come up. Called my parish DA's cell and his first words were: "Ryan, how you been? Let's have lunch today!" (Translation, I'm buying cause we grew up together) Gotta love the guy lol. He said he'll look into it for me. What the hell is in the Kool-Aid this month? (Never drink the kool-aid fwiw....)

Reply by sigtogo/OR on 2/27/13 11:32am
Msg #458161

aside from the legality-how would this even be possible?

are you supposed to ad loose certs to all their docs? what about the previous notarizations that would remain? or did they have BO sign fresh and now they send to you? nevermind that pesky issue of identifying, etc, etc
personally, I think you should name the company-outrageous!

Reply by Malbrough_LA on 2/27/13 4:28pm
Msg #458249

Re: aside from the legality-how would this even be possible?

I didn't name because what I thought was going to occur is what occurred. This is now being investigated by the DA's office. As far as how would one legally do what was being requested of me? Not possible. Spoke with the gentleman in charge and was told I just had to add an Obo statement since it was a PoA signing....He didn't want to send it back to the original notary since he "messed it all up in the first place."

Trust me, this one goes down the rabbit hole. I wouldn't touch it with Manti Te'o's girlfriend's ten foot pole...

On a brighter note, lunch was wonderful Smile

Reply by CarolF/NC on 2/27/13 8:22pm
Msg #458316

Good for you but hard to believe this will go

far. Where's the proof? Slim ball company says to DA, oh no sir he misunderstood.

Reply by Shan/CA on 2/27/13 11:31pm
Msg #458342

Re: aside from the legality-how would this even be possible?

Marlborough, too funny! HMFIC and the Te'o joke! Smile

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.