What do you do?
Notary Discussion History

What do you do?
Go Back to February, 2013 Index

Posted by pat/WA on 2/3/13 1:37pm
Msg #453803

What do you do?

Split signing.
Do you use the acknowldgement on the documents if you are the first notary or do you use a loose attachment an leave the ack for the second notary?

Reply by Cam/CA on 2/3/13 1:48pm
Msg #453804

If the other signing is in my state and the certs are CA compliant I will print an extra copy
for the other notary. If not, I attach a loose CA compliant certificate and leave the other
notary to use what's in the package or attach their own. And, of course, only naming the person who I notarized on the certificate.
Also I print extra copies of HUD, Note, RTC, TIL (RTC and TIL only if they didn't have their copies already included in the package) for the other borrower.

Reply by pat/WA on 2/3/13 3:45pm
Msg #453813

Please clarify your response
The acknowledgments are usually included on the document. ie the last page of the DOT. Are you saying that you print an extra page of the signature page

Reply by Cam/CA on 2/3/13 5:30pm
Msg #453831

Re: I said I would print extra certificates, and no I

wouldn't if the DOT ack was on the same page as the signatures (common sense). The
majority of docs that I do have the ack is on a separate page.

Reply by BrendaTx on 2/3/13 10:11pm
Msg #453850

Pat, pay it forward. Make your own ack if you are first.

Let notary #2 use the one that is let. I always paid it forward...always thought that those who didn't were less than polite. Just the way I did things.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.