Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
What if...your 2/22 signing goes past midnight?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2013 Index

Posted by CarolF/NC on 2/23/13 4:06pm
Msg #457331

I hate to be stupid, but I'm wondering who has the answers as I've been told so many different things. How do you know if docs are date sensative? What do you do when your signing goes past midnight? Obviously the docs you have not signed, now need to be corrected and signed with the following date. Who the heck are you going to get ahold of a 11:59AM to ask what to do? Are there docs in date sensative packs you could sign in a hurry that really don't matter and others that do not?

Reply by Linda Juenger on 2/23/13 4:19pm
Msg #457333

This has only happened to me once. I got there at 11:30pm. I pulled the notarized docs and did those first, that way they were all done and notarized with the signing date. The rest, well we started before midnight so we just finished it.

Reply by JPH13/MO on 2/23/13 4:36pm
Msg #457337

Go thru the docs and pull (or place sideways in the stack) every doc that requires a notarization or a date to be put on it and get those done before midnight, even if it means that you have to ask them to just hurry and sign and date, letting them know that you will go back thru and summarize the docs for them later. The rest that don't need a date can then be done after midnight. This is something you should have discussed with whomever gave you such a late assignment, but if you can do as I mentioned you will be fine.

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 2/23/13 8:19pm
Msg #457376

I did the same thing as Linda, when I had one yrs ago. n/m

Reply by jba/fl on 2/23/13 8:05pm
Msg #457369

You will turn into a pumpkin.

It has been so long since I was out that late but if I did find myself in that situation, I would do my notarizations first and then not worry if I were to find one later.....I wouldn't be watching the clock.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 2/24/13 12:04am
Msg #457407

Re: You will turn into a pumpkin.

I did the same thing as the others once, too, years ago. It was a piggy back loan and when it got to the point that it was clear we weren't going to finish, I stopped the process, had them sign all the notarized docs, then returned to where we were. No problem.

But your subject line reminded me of another one I had once where, as I was packing up to go, the borrower's big grandfather clock started to strike midnight. As you can imagine, we had some fun with that... Wink

Reply by BossLadyMD on 2/24/13 10:42am
Msg #457440

Are you serious?? Its the date you start the appointment lol n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.