Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
What is the process to finalize a recorded DOT?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2013 Index

Posted by CarolF/NC on 2/28/13 7:56pm
Msg #458604

I'm looking at deeds online for several counties in my area and some say pending and others incomplete. They are marked "filed for registration". So I'm wondering does anyone know what is the process to make them finalized?

Reply by Notarysigner on 2/28/13 9:05pm
Msg #458627

http://www.moorecountync.gov/index.php/recording?lang=

Reply by CarolF/NC on 2/28/13 9:09pm
Msg #458631

Notarysigner what are you trying to tell n/m

Reply by CarolF/NC on 2/28/13 9:12pm
Msg #458633

Me? I don't see anything in that link that explains it And

Yes Stoli I am talking not typing

Reply by Stoli on 2/28/13 9:31pm
Msg #458640

Well, you’re a clever little ‘feller, ain’t ‘ya, Carol? n/m

Reply by Stoli on 2/28/13 9:38pm
Msg #458643

That's more handy than a shirt on a pocket, Carol. n/m

Reply by Stoli on 2/28/13 9:07pm
Msg #458630

Thank you for helping, James. n/m

Reply by CarolF/NC on 2/28/13 9:13pm
Msg #458634

LIKE I'm still lost n/m

Reply by BobbiCT on 3/1/13 6:26am
Msg #458667

"finalize a recorded DOT" in the Town Clerk's office ...

Short Connecticut answer:

If you can see the document entered in an online index: The document was officially filed and accepted by the Clerk (doesn't mean it is Valid or Correct, CT Town Clerks do not have to make that determination - original + correct fee = record it Smile ). "Pending" means the document has not been proofread against the scanning to determine all pages were scanned correctly and that the volume & pages are correct/match index. Original paper held with Clerk until 100% certain all is good.

Simple example I have seen because it was in the current chain of title that I was searching: Document was accepted, recorded and "pending." I saw the scanned copy; went to Clerk to see paper copy to verify what I saw (and could print from the "system"). What I found, there were about 40 pages that were not scanned correctly (bottom 2" which included some nasty encumbrances had been cut off). Without the human review to correct this error, relying on the scanned copy in the Clerk's office would result in ugly problems down the road; i.e., the Original did not match the "official recorded copy" of the Original. The Clerk would have caught this on proofreading; I just happened to catch it sooner because to me "pending" is not "perfect."

Reply by CarolF/NC on 3/1/13 7:47am
Msg #458669

Thank you Bobby. Exactly the answer I was looking for. n/m

Reply by CarolF/NC on 3/1/13 7:57am
Msg #458670

Same answer I received to my email to recorder

The reason it says incomplete on yours is because my staff has not checked it for mistakes yet. They work on the real estate daily and when they get to yours the “incomplete” will be removed. It is however recorded and nothing to worry about.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.