Notary Rotary
World Wide Notary
Notary Discussion History

World Wide Notary
Go Back to February, 2013 Index

Posted by Marlin Woodum on 2/27/13 10:02am
Msg #458135

World Wide Notary

Does anyone use or work with Digasign via Worldwide Notary . I wanted to know it is a worth while investment for a Florida Notary

Reply by VT_Syrup on 2/27/13 10:54am
Msg #458148

One big thing to keep in mind: the security is embodied in the electronic version of a digital document. Once it is printed, it's just a copy, not an original. So if the recipient(s) doesn't/don't want an electronic document, it won't work. So software like this has to be adopted throughout the whole process of creating, signing, notarizing, receiving, and recording the document. A notary is not in a position to unilaterally adopt this kind of technology. If all the other parties have decided they want to do this, they'll let you know.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 2/27/13 11:00am
Msg #458149

I think it depends on the demand you've had for

electronic notarizations. In over 6.5 years as a Florida notary I've never been asked to do an electronic notarization. Also in over 6.5 years I've only had 1 (yes one) request for an e-closing. Of course, I live in the boonies - many times I'm lucky if my signers have a computer to find me!!

Is your area doing a lot of e-recording where they'll accept an e-seal? Are you doing a lot of e-signings? If no to all of the above, I don't see where the expense would be warranted.

JMO

Reply by Marlin Woodum on 2/27/13 12:50pm
Msg #458174

Re: I think it depends on the demand you've had for

Down here there is one county that will take e signed and notarized docs . Im a part timer at this so Im tryingto see find out if there are lenders who want this in my area. I have a Lap top and a mobile hotspot for internet.
Im pretty much.ready.if the.demand ever comes.for.eclosings . I just wish I could find out if ther is a lender in my.area doing them

Reply by jba/fl on 2/27/13 1:32pm
Msg #458190

I'm in Orlando - they are accepted here, but I have never

been asked for the service. Was ready when first came into being. Now all lapsed and I will not seek to renew or gear up.

Reply by Marlin Woodum on 2/27/13 1:57pm
Msg #458204

Re: I'm in Orlando - they are accepted here, but I have never

Im in South Florida . I try to service north Miami Dade And South Broward counties.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.