Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Wow...lost notary journal on Craigslist.
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2013 Index

Posted by BrendaTx on 2/2/13 3:28pm
Msg #453659

" notary journal - belonging to the state of California. Thief can not use this and may throw away. "

In SFBay community.

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 2/2/13 3:40pm
Msg #453663

HOLY CRUD....

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/laf/3581443779.html

Well, no, it does NOT belong to the State of California. Per page 10 of our handbook, "The sequential journal is the exclusive property of the notary public..." among other things.

I sure hope this notary followed state law in filing a police report and sending a copy of it via certified mail to the Secretary of State.

And "THeif cannot use this..." HUH???? A CA notary journal full of Driver license numbers, signatures and thumbprints? No, not useful at all. That's why we're required by law to keep them locked up... because they are entirely useless.

Reply by BrendaTx on 2/2/13 4:09pm
Msg #453668

I know, Marian...I had to laugh at that one.

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 2/2/13 4:14pm
Msg #453669

It did make for a good chuckle. I know I shouldn't be surprised anymore, but I am.

Reply by BrendaTx on 2/2/13 4:21pm
Msg #453672

You think the thief didn't realize the criminal value of it?

I do.

That's just scary.

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 2/2/13 4:31pm
Msg #453675

Re: You think the thief didn't realize the criminal value of it?

I think it totally depends on the thief... seems to me that if the thief was smart enough to actually take the journal he/she knew the value of it. I mean, it's just a book, right? Why take that when you've got other stuff you can quickly turnover...sunglasses, real estate keys, stereo, etc. Seems also odd that the person only noted that the journal was missing and not any seals. I find that a little weird... tells me that the notary probably wasn't storing the journal properly to being with.

Reply by Bear900/CA on 2/2/13 10:10pm
Msg #453710

Re: You think the thief didn't realize the criminal value of it?

" notary journal - belonging to the state of California. Thief can not use this and may throw away. "

Do you suppose the notary was making a poor attempt to throw the thief ‘off-track’ with those two statements?

But then the thief would have to be smart enough to read Craig’s List……

Just plain strange.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.