Notary Rotary
Yahoo email hacked again
Notary Discussion History

Yahoo email hacked again
Go Back to February, 2013 Index

Posted by ME/NJ on 2/6/13 12:06pm
Msg #454247

Yahoo email hacked again

Just got a notice from Yahoo that a login from Japan just happened. Within 3 minutes I have 50 out of office replies or failures in my inbox. 3rd time in past week.

Reply by OR on 2/6/13 12:11pm
Msg #454249

Re: Yahoo email hacked again-----------------stupid question

Did you change your password? If so wow that sucks.

Reply by ME/NJ on 2/6/13 12:21pm
Msg #454250

3rd time this week

Also changed back up email option. Have not put new password on phone yet. Yahoo mail is just sucking over the last year.

Reply by sueharke on 2/6/13 7:42pm
Msg #454375

Re: 3rd time this week

I suggest visiting the website "www.kimkomando.com" and research how to address this problem. She has a lot of knowledge on computer security.

Reply by 101livescan on 2/6/13 12:25pm
Msg #454253

GMAIL, here we come! I just need the time to get everything updated with all my clients. This is such a horrible event for those of us who rely so largely on our smart phones and email for our business!

Reply by sueharke on 2/6/13 7:43pm
Msg #454376

Did the person who was hacked access their email at a free wi-fi location? If yes, this is a common location for your username and password to get hacked.

Reply by ToniK on 2/6/13 12:27pm
Msg #454254

Wow never had that issue with gmail. You gotta input a pin code in order to get into my account and the pin code is sent directly to me when anyone, even myself, trying to log into my account. Love the extra security features of gmail

Reply by Pro Mobile Notary on 2/6/13 1:22pm
Msg #454267

The hacking is happening on the server level and not on an individual account level. They hack into the mail servers without much difficulty. Yahoo.com has been aware of the problem for years and has done nothing to plug the holes.

We are coming close to placing a total block to all incoming emails from yahoo.com addresses as the volume of spamming and links to malware websites from those accounts has become a problem.

Reply by Joan Bergstrom on 2/6/13 2:36pm
Msg #454286

I pay Yahoo $19 per year

to send all my mail up to my gmail account. I didn't want to change all my advertising or client email information.
Nothing stays in yahoo.

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 2/6/13 3:04pm
Msg #454303

Re: I pay Yahoo $19 per year?

I have my settings to automatically forward it to my gmail account without any charge. Why do you pay them to do the same thing?

Reply by Joan Bergstrom on 2/6/13 3:27pm
Msg #454309

Re: I pay Yahoo $19 per year?

5-8 years ago they allowed me to put a period after my name if I paid a $19 fee.
I have so little faith in yahoo that I never wanted to take the chance and not pay the $19 and lose the account.

Reply by Joan Bergstrom on 2/6/13 3:30pm
Msg #454310

Now I remember

It wasn't the period after my name but when I started if you had a free account like hotmail or yahoo you only had room for usually one loan package so I bought extra storage for the $19.

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 2/6/13 3:51pm
Msg #454316

Got it. :) n/m

Reply by Pro Mobile Notary on 2/6/13 5:53pm
Msg #454339

If people with bad intentions want to hack your account, they can do so no matter what you do with your passwords. All passwords do is keep the honest people out. the crooks will get in if they want to. They hack the server and harvest information which includes your email address and password.

Today it was revealed that the Federal Reserve had one of their computers hacked and the personal information of 4,000 bank executives was harvested from the server and posted on the internet for all to see.

If people want to hack you, consider it done. This is one of the reasons we would never put anything sensitive like loan docs into a dropbox folder or anything "cloud" as it could be compromised and stolen.

USA Today story about Fed hack: http://tinyurl.com/aywly73

Reply by ME/NJ on 2/6/13 7:17pm
Msg #454369

Using second sign in verification now.

PITA but maybe it will help.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.