Notary Rotary
Yesterday I paid $4.29/gal for gas
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2013 Index

Posted by 101livescan on 2/21/13 9:32am
Msg #456826

So let's talk a minute about fees. $90, hell no. $40, 50, 60 75...let's no go there.

$100 is the magic number for my car to even think of starting it's engine. How can anyone work for under $100.

I hope you all just say no to this paltry low ballers who call you and offer you anything under $100.

You have simply got to think more of yourselves and your worth in this industry as well as the official capacity you represent in your state and community. We make the very least of any one in this service industry and we deserve to be paid for our service, time and materials, and our knowledge. Factor in all the time and every step of your process, printing, trip to, signing at, trip back, reporting, returning and tracking.

It's got to be worth amore than $40-50-60, even $90. Nothing less. It's not price fixing. $100 is a starting point.

Lenders fees are increasing, gas is increasing, paper and toner are increasing, we must keep up with rising costs or simply not perform this service any longer. It's ludicrous to work for nothing.

Just say NO to low ballers. It's really easy...NO NO NO NO. Practice, let's all say it together NO NO NO. See? You're getting the hang of it already.

Reply by Notarysigner on 2/21/13 10:03am
Msg #456836

$3.99 at Arco.......I've discovered the shorter the conversation from the hiring party the more satisfied you will be with the fee.

" Hi, we have a signing, a re-fi, in your area, two borrowers and we pay $150.00 are you available?" nine seconds.

" Hi, is this James? How are you? I was wondering if you can help us out? We have a signing just 3 miles from you, it's a provident loan, real easy. No I don't have the Docs yet, but I'll send them over as soon as I get them. Is you email address blah, blah, blah? Oh we pay $75? Other notaries in your area don't have a problem with this fee. "

Twenty-five seconds,....sixteen seconds too long!

Reply by BBuchler/CA on 2/21/13 10:27am
Msg #456843

Me too, Shell.

Wonder if THEY get together to talk about pricing Smile

Reply by 101livescan on 2/21/13 10:28am
Msg #456845

Yep, so who's fixing the pricing? hmmm.

Reply by MW/VA on 2/21/13 10:50am
Msg #456849

Yes, up to about 3.65 in my area. Our costs are going

up & we absolutely can't afford to work for anything less than $100.

Reply by ikando on 2/21/13 11:18am
Msg #456857

I believe NSAs are among the few, if any other, industries where costs have risen while fees have dropped since 2006. Even minimum wage has gone up, while our hourly fees have been declining. (I know, I'm an independent contractor not an hourly employee, but to keep it in the apples to apples comparison format.)

If one considers that to do this job satisfactorily from the time of initial contact through the final bookkeeping, you've invested at least 3 hours, and that's not including waiting (when you can do other things, like marketing, which should be calculated in costs) and being put off/cancelled. If one considers a minimum hourly wage plus costs and taxes, how can you expect to make a profit on the low fees offered?

I have a minimum rate I strive to receive that will cover all the costs, both obvious and not so obvious, that are a part of my business. I also want to make a profit. If the fees offered to me continue to decline, that rate is not achievable. So rather than use up my resources, I decline those fees that don't meet my criteria.

Reply by jmor on 2/21/13 11:31am
Msg #456866

In California, the gas prices are extemely volatile. Don't know when it's suddenly going to go through the roof. I filled up at Costco yesterday in San Diego for $4.27/gal where as last month it was $3.29/gal.
As a result, I don't even pick up my keys or fire up my printer for less than $100/basic refi 20 miles.
Everyone who doesn't like these lowballers should check out this new website, http://uprising2013.com where the Notaries are going to go "on strike" regarding these ridiculous fees.

Reply by rengel/CA on 2/21/13 11:44am
Msg #456876

Yeh, I was in Ventura Co. over the weekend

and was shocked at the difference in price. I am paying less than that for premium gas in Nor Cal

Ugh, when will it stop?

My .02

Reply by Yoli/CA on 2/21/13 1:55pm
Msg #456926

I try to check on GasBuddy.com before refueling.

That way, if gas is less expensive in some other area and if I'm going to be in that area, just wait to get gas then - whenever possible. And, in that regard, I try to refuel around the half-way mark. Then, I don't run the risk of running out of gas and when I do gas up, it's not as pricey. Just my little quirk.

Reply by SheilaSJCA on 2/21/13 2:26pm
Msg #456939

Yesterday I too paid $4.29/gal for gas: $100 is not enough n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.