Notary Rotary
You have got to be kidding!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2013 Index

Posted by Shan/CA on 2/13/13 11:14pm
Msg #455768

I haven't worked in almost 3 weeks, after I posted that I had been out, I relapsed. So, I go back today and my 4th of 4 was a major headache. As soon as Mr. looked at the first doc, he said "no way are we signing! We were locked in at 2.6 that say 3.0, not only that but they added $4700 to the back of the loan, not $2000 as discussed."
Make a long story short, once I got LO on the phone, he talked or should I say argued with Mr. for literally 18 mins on my phone! I could hear LO saying, "hush and listen to me, I know what I'm doing! Do you want my help or not?" How akward was that! The package was 100 pgs, and I should have been in and out. After it was all over (an hour and a half later), they finally agreed and said they were gonna call Title and just may cancel tomorrow. I need a drink!

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 2/13/13 11:44pm
Msg #455775

You poor thing. Been there done that! But lesson learned: NEVER use your phone to call the LO. If the borrower wants to call LO, they use their phone.

Cheers and hope you had a double!

Reply by Shan/CA on 2/14/13 1:10am
Msg #455779

Lesson learned! Yes, I did!

Reply by Karla/OR on 2/14/13 1:10am
Msg #455780

Oh Shan, sorry you had to go through such a stressful situation - especially when you are not feeling up to par. I so understand the feelings - I was been involved in a similar problem signing. BO argued on the phone with the contact person. I wanted to crawl uner the table while the arguing was going on.

Would you believe it took four re-draws before it actually funded??? True story. I did three of them and was ill when the fourth one needed to be signed. I was a bit relieved I didn't have to do it!!

@ GOLDGIRL~ thank you for posting the note about not using your own phone when a problem arises where the BO needs to talk to their LO. I have always thought I should offer my phone to them, and HAVE! Not any more.

Reply by Chakwaina on 2/14/13 7:11am
Msg #455788

So sorry your first day back had to end like this!

Can't say as I blame the BOs--some of my funniest signings started like this-had one BO tell the LO, "I am NOT stupid, I did NOT fall of the pumpkin wagon."

And another similar to this, I stepped out on the back porch because the lady was in tears on the phone with the LO.

Generally, the BOs have always just called the LO from their own phone when a question came up, but a great point--let them use their phone.

Reply by EileenHI on 2/14/13 10:35am
Msg #455809

I had two of those in the last month. Both times the loan was a different interest rate than agreed upon. One loan officer told the BO's that it was only a few dollars difference each month so he figured that it wouldn't make any difference!!!! Made the signings so much longer than they should have been.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.