Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
lowballers and nonpayers calling frantically already.
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2013 Index

Posted by snowflake/PA on 2/22/13 8:27am
Msg #457082

Begging me to fill their closing orders. Too bad they have poor reviews as some of the signings are close to home.

Reply by Matt_VA on 2/22/13 9:26am
Msg #457095

Every EOM these ripoffs call and reap their karma.

Reply by Malbrough_LA on 2/22/13 9:32am
Msg #457097

I do agree, but it does appears someone is sowing

something for them to be able to continue reaping month after month. That's what makes me cry. Of course...in a very manly and professional way, mind you.

Either way, my day is already starting to fill up nicely with good SS and TCs wedged between my normal GNW at my office. Hope everyone's end of week and month shape out nicely!

Reply by Grammyzoom on 2/22/13 9:41am
Msg #457101

My absolute favorite thing to do...............

I take every signing I can that fits my criteria of availability, distance, fee etc. Then I look up their rating and comments made about them on NotRot.

If they are non-payers or have a bad reputation I love calling them back and declining the signing. I usually say something like "I will not be taking this assignment from you because you have no respect for the notaries you hire. Your reputation is terrible and I choose not to work for you".

Once in a while they will try to argue with me but most of the time they just grumble and hang up the phone.

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 2/22/13 11:44am
Msg #457125

Maybe NSA's that were accepting their low fees have finally

... decided to stop undervaluing their own services and have began charging fees more in line with the professional services they are offering as well as building a decent profit margin in their fee schedules? (Which would be great, imo)

In the last few months, I have had several companies that used to meet my fees years ago ($125-$200 for local signings) without any issues, until they started lowballing, call with their lowball "offers". Some of them act as if I have never worked for them before. I quote them my fee for their request (if I want to do business with them at all) and have had some of them accept without having to "get approval". I've had a few that originally offered $90 jump at the chance to get the signing scheduled for $150 (w/o fax back requests). Maybe some of these companies are starting to get the hint. Big Smile

I don't even entertain calls or offers from the slow & non-payers, no matter what they might "agree to pay".

Reply by Yoli/CA on 2/22/13 12:38pm
Msg #457144

This morning's first call at 8:24.

Thm: Are you available for a 5 pm signing today? Docs are ready, it's in (next town).

Me: How large is the pkg? Any fax-backs?

Thm: It's a regular refi and ... ummmm ... yes, this lender requires fax-backs, so that's another $25.

Me: I am available. With fax-backs, that brings fee to $150.

Thm: No. We pay $75 for a local signing. The most we can pay you is $125. Wouldn't be fair to the other notaries that we pay you double what they're getting for a local signing.

Me: However, my base fee is $125 for up to 15 miles driving distance and a package of up to 130 pages. Fax-backs are an additional $25.

Thm: Guess we'll have to catch you on the next one.

Me: Thanks for calling. Please update your database on me. 'Bye.

Don't want to name company. I like working with them when they meet my fee. They pay within 2 weeks. Just don't want to get them into any bad habits with me. Wink

Reply by Priscilla Witman on 2/22/13 2:19pm
Msg #457182

Wouldn't be fair to the other notaries? LOL. Fantastic. n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.