Notary Rotary
question for my Cali Signers
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2013 Index

Posted by La Trese Breaux on 2/19/13 3:24pm
Msg #456549

Ok I知 dealing directly with a Escrow Company, what would be a descent price to quote for a signing, it is a purchase, and I知 printing all the documents I知 located in Cali High desert area.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 2/19/13 3:33pm
Msg #456551

Only you can answer that, LaTrese. Figure the driving distance, package size, all other expenses that go into conducting a signing plus your profit margin.

My very minimum would be $150 if small package and close to me.

Reply by La Trese Breaux on 2/19/13 3:36pm
Msg #456553

Thank you for your input, no driving just the cost of printing. I been very fortunate to get a few signing from escrow you get you check along with everybody elses

Reply by SheilaSJCA on 2/19/13 10:55pm
Msg #456600

no driving just the cost of printing? Are they coming to YOU n/m

Reply by Notarysigner on 2/19/13 5:21pm
Msg #456564

I would CALL Marian and discuss..

Reply by Stoli on 2/19/13 7:02pm
Msg #456573

Where in the high dessert? n/m

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 2/19/13 7:25pm
Msg #456578

"what would be a descent price to quote for a signing, it is a purchase, and I知 printing all the documents I知 located in Cali High desert area."

If you don't know the answer to that... and I hope this doesn't come off as rude because I don't mean to be... you are NOT ready to be doing this yet. Other notaries can't tell you what a "good price" is... only you can do that. Do you know what you expenses and profit are? If you don't you better figure that out before you can start quoting your rates, otherwise these companies are going to start walking all over you and you'll be losing money.

One thing to consider, though... if it's a purchase rather than a refi... there won't be a rescission period, so it's likely that the buyers/signers will want to spend more time reviewing or reading the documents. You should be prepared to spend extra time, just in case ---- ESPECIALLY if they are first time buyers. On the other hand, if it's an investment purchase and the buyer/signer is familiar with the paperwork, it could go lighting fast... you just never really know.

Another thing... the price of gas out here right now is ASTRONOMICAL. That should be figured in to your expenses already.

I swear, one of these days I'm going to sit down and write a tutorial for signing agents on pricing their services. I've sat down with several new notaries and done it one on one and they've all had small coronaries when they realized what they realized that the numbers were not at ALL what they thought they were and that they needed to be charging twice what most of the companies were "offering" them.

Reply by 101livescan on 2/19/13 10:08pm
Msg #456594

I'll buy your first copy. I may be underselling myself! nitenite.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.