where can I get a background check?

If you prefer you can PM me. Thanks.

Reply by desktopfull on 2/2/13 12:37am
Msg #453570

Right here on NotRot. n/m

Reply by JanelWI on 2/2/13 7:51am
Msg #453582

Mung/CA

I suggest you do a search and really get intimate with this site. It is a great resource for you! Everything you need is here from BGC to E&O, supplies, exceptionally knowledgeable individuals and more! Take some time and do some research, you will only be a better signing agent for it!

This is not point and sign, we are not just "notaries"; Our job consists of more than that. The notary commission merely opens the door, it does not define the entire scope of what we are, what we do, or what we can achieve in this industry. Do your homework, and good luck! :-)

Reply by jba/fl on 2/2/13 8:09am
Msg #453586

Accurate post, Janel. n/m

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 2/2/13 8:17am
Msg #453589

Yes, you can get one here - which I did last April.

But be aware not ALL companies accept the BGC done here - they claim the one done here does not do all the searches they require (guess it's something for Harry and staff to investigate). So I had an NNA one done in November for those companies that insist on that one.

When asked to submit BGC's I send both.

Reply by MW/VA on 2/2/13 8:37am
Msg #453590

I read your post, Linda, and it's a shame that the NNA

can do that. IMO there's no reason to have 2 bgc's, and I wouldn't work for any co. that insisted on one from the NNA. ;-( I won't support that organization in any way.

Reply by A S Johnson on 2/2/13 8:44am
Msg #453594

Re: I read your post, Linda, and it's a shame that the NNA

Tell me what is the difference in background checks done here on Notary Rotary and the xyz orgainzation.
The only difference is marketing done by xyz to charge more and get you into their organization.
But any signing service or lender can do as they please and make their own rules, especially when they are low balls, slow or no pay that xyz notaries to expect from those services.

Reply by MW/VA on 2/2/13 8:46am
Msg #453596

What I don't like about the XYZ organization is that they

convince cos. that only their training & bgc's should be accepted. BS! BS! BS!

Reply by A S Johnson on 2/2/13 8:52am
Msg #453598

Re: What I don't like about the XYZ organization is that they

P S When I took the xyz semiar in Dallas, in 2000, it consisted of about 3 hours of material and 5 hours of selling thier products they say you needed. The marterial was good but I have come accross mistakes as far as Texas Notary rules are concern. FYI the instructor was flow in from SF Ca.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 2/2/13 8:55am
Msg #453599

Over the past 6 years I've been one of the strongest

opponents of supporting that organization. However, I will say this..

You can't deny their reach and their influence. And if the price of their BGC gets the phone to ring, I'm satisfied. And it has - I've been doing closings for over 30 years but I got their certification AND BGC this past November (I was getting back in after a 16 month hiatus) - I've made up the cost already - it was a worthwhile investment for me.

I don't rely on them for info as I, too, have gotten bad advice from them - but I will use the tool that they are to get myself back into the market and jump-start the business that has been on hiatus for 16 months.

Reply by NJDiva on 2/2/13 9:02am
Msg #453601

You go Lin!!! I'm so happy you've gone for it!

(well, that's easy for me to say since you're in FL...I wouldn't be so excited if you got back in the biz in NJ...lmao) I've no doubt you'll be a much happier you for it...lol

Reply by Donna McDaniel on 2/2/13 9:19am
Msg #453606

Yeah......a necessary evil, unfortunately. n/m

Reply by Mung/CA on 2/3/13 2:06am
Msg #453741

TY all for the helpfull info. n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.