Notary Rotary
you are ONLY 8 miles away
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2013 Index

Posted by ToniK on 2/22/13 11:59am
Msg #457133

Caller: I have a signing in Edinburg. Its off Hillcrest.
Me: Edinburg? I have to look that up because I never heard of that. *google maps*
Caller: Well its off Hilcrest and it says its only 8 miles from you.
Me: Umm no Edinburg is 80 miles from me.
Caller: Zipcode is 22824. Im showing its 8 miles away, thats odd.
Me: What zipcode do you have for me?
Caller: 20147
Me: I dont know what you're doing over there BUT 20147 and 22824 is NOWHERE near each other.
Caller: Oh umm well thanks for your time.

Reply by Michelle/AL on 2/22/13 12:19pm
Msg #457138

I've taken to saying..."regardless of the distance, my fee is still....". I am more flexible with general notary work because there's no administrative duties involved (printing, faxing, mailing, etc.).

Reply by Shan/CA on 2/23/13 4:15am
Msg #457266

Exactly!

Reply by ikando on 2/22/13 7:08pm
Msg #457239

I love when they tell me how far it is from me, especially when they use the zip to zip reference. In my neck of the woods, the zip is usually set at a post office in the middle of the area. If the address is on the opposite side from the bo's zip and I'm on the opposite side of my zip area, that would equate to at least twice as far as from each zip to the other.

And terrain is another factor. Going around military bases, mountains and lakes can have an effect on mileage.

Besides, most of my registrations use my post office box address, and I don't hang out there.

Reply by DebraOro/CA on 2/23/13 11:40am
Msg #457292

"Besides, most of my registrations use my post office box address, and I don't hang out there."
You don't? Gee...I hang out at mine all the time! lol

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.