Adobe Software (Free, I think.)
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2013 Index

Posted by BrendaTx on 1/10/13 7:52pm
Msg #449860

http://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/index.html

I have not done a test drive on any of these because I have the latest versions, but I am told by computer geek guy that these are full copies of Adobe Acrobat Pro 8, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc. Older versions, but fully functional.

These are the versions that are no longer supported by Adobe. Geek guy said that they release these so that people will use them rather than some of the free programs out there.

If these are fully functional as he says, there are thousands of dollars worth of Adobe products that are perfectly good programs...just not their newest versions.

Let me know if you try them out.

Reply by ToniK on 1/10/13 8:33pm
Msg #449868

Id be interested in the AdobePro. Im currently using a free trial version of Adobe XI just for the conversion of multiple pdfs to single pdfs. Its a great tool to have when you get 14 attachments. I just winzip, dump into folder, create singel df from folder and viola!!! I got one pdf file to print. Takes me less than 60 secs to create.

Reply by BarbaraL_AZ on 1/10/13 10:15pm
Msg #449882

So where would Mr. Geek Guy suggest we find these unsupported versions of Adobe software programs?

Reply by BrendaTx on 1/10/13 10:21pm
Msg #449884

There is a link in my OP. n/m

Reply by BarbaraL_AZ on 1/10/13 10:29pm
Msg #449885

I'm old, can't see, and tired - gosh...

how did I miss such an obvious link? lol

Reply by BrendaTx on 1/10/13 10:34pm
Msg #449886

It's because all we do is read and look for links every

minute of our lives!

I lose my keys sometimes and want to "call" them like I do my phone, or do a Google search to locate them...maybe just a CTRL-F to locate them on a page...our brains are changing!

Reply by JPH13/MO on 1/11/13 8:13am
Msg #449901

Adobe Pro link didn't work for me - my system prevented it

So be wary.

Reply by VT_Syrup on 1/11/13 9:51am
Msg #449920

I tried downloading PhotoShop from BrendaTX's link. When I tried to start it, it asked for a serial number, which, of course, I don't have.

Reply by BrendaTx on 1/11/13 11:06am
Msg #449949

The serial numbers are on the page. n/m

Reply by Carolyn Bodley on 1/11/13 10:05am
Msg #449925

After reading all the scoop on the Internet about it being free or illegal, I asked my computer geek.

Everyone needs to research all the info about this "free" software before making a decision as to the legality or not -- and we are talking about 10-year old software which may or may not run on newer operating systems.

Not saying what is right or wrong -- just saying.

Reply by BrendaTx on 1/11/13 11:08am
Msg #449950

Interesting. n/m

Reply by BrendaTx on 1/11/13 11:11am
Msg #449951

Article on this:

http://www.itworld.com/consumerization-it/334669/free-adobe-creative-suite-cs2-maybe-maybe-not

Free Adobe Creative Suite CS2: Maybe, maybe not?
Adobe staff say they're not giving away Photoshop, Illustrator, etc. for free, but the CS2 software is still available for download

By Melanie Pinola 1

January 08, 2013, 4:26 PM — Yesterday I and other tech bloggers highlighted a section on Adobe.com where the Creative Suite CS2 software--including Photoshop and Illustrator--could be downloaded for free, complete with the unique serial numbers (and no need for an activation code). Adobe is now denying that those downloads are a free giveaway.

[Adobe patches critical vulnerabilities in Flash Player, Reader and Acrobat and Adobe warns of actively exploited ColdFusion flaws]

In Adobe's forums, Adobe employee Don Isaacs says on behalf of Adobe Systems Incorporated that "You have heard wrong! Adobe is absolutely not providing free copies of CS2!"

Whether Adobe intended to or not, there was (is?) a page on their site that enables users with a free Adobe membership to download CS2 software and the special (unique) serial numbers for each product download.

According to Don Isaacs:

What is true is that Adobe is terminating the activation servers for CS2 and that for existing licensed users of CS2 who need to reinstall their software, copies of CS2 that don't require activation but do require valid serial numbers are available. (Special serial numbers are provided on the page for each product download.) See Adobe forums.

You are only legally entitled to download and install with that serial number if you have a valid license to the product!

According to this user's post, you need a valid license to download the CS2 software linked here and on other sites--and published on Adobe.com with their unique serial numbers.

So maybe it wasn't Adobe's intention to give away these CS2 serial numbers and downloads for free.

But I think the cat's out of the bag already. At the time the news broke yesterday that this software was free to download, Adobe's website issued no warnings that you needed an existing CS2 license to download, install, or use the software.

It gave you a unique serial number for each program--that's about 8 years old.

(And, yes, with a little sleuthing, you can find the direct downloads still.)

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.