Notary Rotary
American Signing Connection
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2013 Index

Posted by Chakwaina on 1/24/13 8:20am
Msg #451836

They called me a few days ago, to do a re-fi, asked my price, we all agreed and I went.

Now I have not done a closing in a year and a half due to my husband's illness and death, but had put myself back out there.

I asked to please receive the e-docs by 4 p.m. so I would have plenty of time to print, explained that I would not be at home or a computer until 4 p.m. that day.

About 1 that day I get a call from my home that ASC is looking for me and worried I will not get the message they left on my cell. I check my email 1st-have the docs. Actually have 3 emails from them one has all the docs attached. the subject line and all over the email has in capital letters stating a reply with print confirmation required. I call and re-explain I will not be able to start printing until 4 p.m. They say ok. I also replied to the email stating I would stat printing at 4 p.m. and would let them know then the docs had printed fine. In about an hour I get a call, "Have you printed the docs yet?" It's only 2pm. Again, I explain I have called, and emailed and explained that i would begin printing at 4. "Oh. There are 3 of us in the office. Maybe one of the others got the email."

They had also sent a new confirmation, upping my price of $xxx to $xyz.

They sent a pre-printed FedEx label.

The signing went great. Fast. Wonderful couple.

Docs are dropped the next morning.

At about 7 a.m. I get a call asking if I need a shipping label. "No. There was one in the package and I used it and have already dropped the package." Lady on other end-"Oh."

I have always hated hand holding. But dis-organized hand holding is even worse.

Reply by Yolanda Adams on 1/24/13 9:43am
Msg #451846

Wow! Talk about lack of communication (amongst themselves). I do, however, like the fee increase!

Sorry to learn about your husband. My sincerest condolences.

Welcome back!

Reply by Howie35CT on 1/24/13 10:21am
Msg #451852

1. Welcome back! There seems to be enough business to go around, and veteran Signing Agents are sorely needed in this fast-paced business.
2. Sorry for your loss. Thanks again for coming back and lending us your talents.
3. ASC is actually a very good company to work for. But yes, even the best of us can drop the ball in communication sometimes. Just ask my wife :OD

Howie

Reply by Patti Corcoran on 1/24/13 10:50am
Msg #451862

Welcome back. My sincere condolences for the loss of your husband. You must have been great when you were full time before your husband's passing because you handled this beautifully.

Reply by Chakwaina on 1/24/13 9:47pm
Msg #452015

Thanks for all the condolences.

I actually had a great time meeting this couple. That was always what I loved about this business.

Right now I am part-time-I took a job sitting with an elderly lady who has Alzheimer's 9-12 hours a day.

I had turned down 2 signings in the few weeks prior to taking this one:

1.) TC tried to convince me that a 100+ mile drive would only take me about 45 minutes!
2.) SC tried to me that a town over 400 miles away was only 3 miles away!!

Gotta love working with people!!!! LOL

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.