Notary Rotary
Another Newbie
Notary Discussion History

Another Newbie
Go Back to January, 2013 Index

Posted by CoyNSA/CA on 1/23/13 10:53pm
Msg #451813

Another Newbie

Can anyone tell me what E-docs are? I was under the impression that those are what get printed out for loan signings. Also, what is an inspection? Any help would be appreciated=)

Reply by notary/OR on 1/23/13 11:01pm
Msg #451815

E docs are the loan and escrow documents that you will be sent to print out for the borrowers to sign. You will print two copies...one to be signed and one to leave with the borrowers. You need a laser printer with dual trays or you will need to print everything on legal size paper.

Inspections are physical appointments at a location where you take photos and fill out a questionaire provided by the company you are working for. They are commonly done for insurance companies to update files.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 1/23/13 11:31pm
Msg #451819

They're called "e-docs" to distinguish from "overnight docs", which is the way nearly all documents used to be sent to notaries. I've seen a slight resurgence in that from some companies recently, but by far most now send documents electronically for us to print.

Reply by CoyNSA/CA on 1/23/13 11:33pm
Msg #451820

Thank you both so much!

Reply by A S Johnson on 1/24/13 9:15am
Msg #451842

Just a comment<
Usually inspections fees are very low with no travel fees and many companies asking for this require you to chase them to get paid. When I have been ask to an inspection, it tend to be a mfg/trailer house in the boonies.

Reply by notary/OR on 1/24/13 1:46pm
Msg #451910

Re: Another Newbie - Inspections

Most of the inspections we are called for are for business inspections. I find them tedious and time consuming and only take them if there is nothing else going on. If you are just starting out it may be a good way to fill in blank time. They pay very low but I always negotiate my fee and won't do them for less than 40.00 and that is only if I don't have to drive very far (within 10 miles). The nice thing about inspections is that you can schedule them yourself and you have usually three days to complete them.

Reply by Siminotary on 2/3/13 1:27am
Msg #453738

Re: Another Newbie - Inspections

Do we have to take certification to perform for inspections?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.