Notary Rotary
Anyone get really sore between shoulder blades from driving
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2013 Index

Posted by laurielnc on 1/6/13 12:23am
Msg #449128

All the time? Woke up this morning feeling like I have whip lash. Found out my husband adjusted my seat and must have held my head wrong for days. Normally I'm fine but this looks like a problem that can occur with long driving. Chiropractor helped but found out it is the scalene muscles along the neck that need to be stretched. Deep pain between shoulder blades that runs down arms too. Stretches can be done while waiting at lights to prevent this from happening. Lots of videos online showing how to do it. Hopefully this will help anyone with pain from all this driving.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 1/6/13 5:37am
Msg #449136

Yes I have had some neck pain and shoulder pain on my writing side that I believe is due to my poor posture while driving and also while sitting hunched over docs working up my packages. I did some physical therapy and learned some stretching exercises which has helped. But I need to constantly remind myself to sit with my back erect and while I am driving, try to keep my shoulders back so that they are touching the seat. I also do some neck stretches while I am driving.

Reply by pdl/cali on 1/6/13 1:24pm
Msg #449197

No neck or shoulder pain , I cannot stand to sit for long periods of time. My behind and legs get very uncomfortable. At times when I get home, I wish I had a hot tub. lol

Reply by BrendaTx on 1/6/13 1:40pm
Msg #449203

I found that when I stopped sleeping on a pile of pillows,

it got better with the driving. I was irritating my arms and shoulders.

Reply by 101livescan on 1/6/13 3:19pm
Msg #449214

Try yoga...Stretching is so important. this work, while not so physically demanding, requires staying in shape and getting plenty of sleep. walking, stretching, meditating. Driving for long periods of time, in and out of the car, maybe sitting in chairs and bending over coffee tables irritate or skeletal wellness.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.