Notary Rotary
B of A and Fax Backs?
Notary Discussion History

B of A and Fax Backs?
Go Back to January, 2013 Index

Posted by CarolF/NC on 1/17/13 7:47pm
Msg #450924

B of A and Fax Backs?

Bank of America wants all pages faxed back of there 150 to 200 doc packages. Talked to someone who told me yes, that is standard now. Heard rumor that Chase is going to require this and possibly Citibank. So what are you actually getting in fees to fax all these pages? And I'm going to need a new faxing method if this is the case. What is your prefered fax back program and is it encrypted? Any help appreciated. I know there are many posts on here about BofA and Fax Backs, but I got lost trying to read them all. Thank You in advance.

Reply by CarolF/NC on 1/17/13 7:50pm
Msg #450925

And...

I read these posts about the fees people say they charge for fax backs and I've been SOL getting more than $25 for faxing documents regardless of the number of pages. Thanks Again.

Reply by ToniK on 1/17/13 7:57pm
Msg #450926

Guess I wont be doing BofA or Citibank. Background investigation work is looking more and more attractive

Reply by Gerry Grummons on 1/17/13 8:01pm
Msg #450928

I signed up to Ring Central. About $10.00 month. From there you can forward pdfs to any email. This way you have a copy of the FAX as well. There are other services like this as well.
My HP 1536dnf will FAX with a 50 page ADF and encrypt the files. It's not super fast but gets the job done and makes a good back up printer for about $200.00 remfg. We are all on a budget.

Reply by desktopfull on 1/17/13 8:05pm
Msg #450929

Use a scanner, I don't FAX n/m

Reply by Yoli/CA on 1/17/13 8:16pm
Msg #450931

I scan-back. n/m

Reply by VT_Syrup on 1/17/13 8:31pm
Msg #450937

Re: I scan-back.

Scanning and emailing would be a hassle due to the size limits for a single email. Now if they have a web site to upload the file to, that could work.

And of course, the fee will have to pay for a suitable scanner in a reasonable number of assignments; many scanners that are good enough to scan 10 pages would be a threat to one's mental health if scanning 100 pages.

Reply by CarolF/NC on 1/17/13 8:35pm
Msg #450939

Once you Scan, then what?

Don't you need a fax back program or are you emailing with an encryption program? Are there any problems emailing back such large files?

Reply by CarolF/NC on 1/17/13 8:37pm
Msg #450940

Scanning/Faxing what are you getting paid?

Doesn't matter if scanning or faxing, it's still time consuming. So wondering what you are actually getting paid for sending docs back?

Reply by desktopfull on 1/17/13 9:02pm
Msg #450945

Re: Once you Scan, then what?

A 100 page package takes about 3 to 4 minutes to scan to a PDF file. Then you simply email to the TC's email box of choice. I used Gmail and haven't had a problem yet with sending any of my scanned doc packages. If you use the orange search button you will find several discussions about scanning docs. I don't charge extra to scan and email. Others may, that is their choice, it is your business and you get to make the decisions. I recently got a new TC in CA, because I was able to scan their late evening packages here in FL to them for purchases so they could still fund on the same day.

Reply by CarolF/NC on 1/17/13 9:08pm
Msg #450947

? for you DeskTop

So your companies are not requiring them to be encrypted? Or do you have a program that does that to your PDF? Yes I know there are so many posts and I got so dang confused trying to go back and forth and everyone contradicting each otherSmile Thank You!

Reply by Ronnie_WA on 1/18/13 2:23pm
Msg #451060

Re: Desktopfull - what kind of scanner do you have? n/m

Reply by Lee/AR on 1/17/13 8:24pm
Msg #450934

Just say NO n/m

Reply by LKT/CA on 1/17/13 8:50pm
Msg #450941

<<<Bank of America wants all pages faxed back of there 150 to 200 doc packages.>>>

Not only is this time consuming but if they want the docs faxed immediately after the signing, you have to then go back home to fax which means if another appt was near the last appt, now you're wasting time and gas to go out of the way back home to fax. It can be a real inconvenience to other appts, plus the extra gas and time. I'd charge $100 for a 150 - 200 page fax back. Either they agree to pay it or they can find someone else to do the signing.

Reply by ME/NJ on 1/17/13 9:10pm
Msg #450948

I gave back the BOA signing from FASS the other day

I knew from past BOA loans it would be a large package, they said 40-50 pages to be faxed back. Even at the fee I asked for it was not worth it and someone else in area can gladly have it.

Reply by CarolF/NC on 1/17/13 9:26pm
Msg #450949

I saw that post ME, this will be the last(:

Just wondering if others are having to fax all BofA docs back. And yes they told me 40 to 50, but it turned out to be docs not pages. I should have turned it back right away.

Reply by ToniK on 1/17/13 9:32pm
Msg #450950

Re: I saw that post ME, this will be the last(:

NO I have not been asked to fax back Bof A docs UNLESS it was an investment and even then it was less than 20 pgs.

What Ive seen of citibank is its only 30-40 pages that need to be signed and the rest of the 110 pages are crap docs and instructions.

Reply by CarolF/NC on 1/17/13 10:07pm
Msg #450954

Wonder why the BofA fax

Requirements would vary so. Anyone know that answer? Someone told me that fax back copy is their working copy. Most all my signings are investment or second homes. This whole package fax back is a new one for me.

Reply by ToniK on 1/17/13 10:12pm
Msg #450956

Re: Wonder why the BofA fax

I guess it depends on Title or who hired you.

Reply by CarolF/NC on 1/17/13 10:32pm
Msg #450958

Re: Wonder why the BofA fax

Maybe bit depends on where its actually funding from?

Reply by JurneiCA on 1/18/13 4:38am
Msg #450976

At least $100 just for the fax backs.....that is the height of obnoxious! Can you imagine the fax jamming?

Reply by NCLisa on 1/17/13 11:12pm
Msg #450965

Scanning or faxing means they don't have to...

If you scan or fax the docs back to them, they don't have to scan the file for their records or scan the funding conditions. You've saved them from paying salaries to a couple people who they would normally pay to do that job.

I give them a choice, they can either pay me a lot of money to fax back, or I can drop the docs so they get them the next day, but both will not happen as docs will not be faxed until I'm done with all my other work for the day and that is normally about 10pm.

Reply by Barb25 on 1/18/13 7:55am
Msg #450987

Re: Scanning or faxing means they don't have to...

Did the forego the faxbacks? What TCs are these? Can you share?

Reply by CarolF/NC on 1/18/13 8:27am
Msg #450991

Message Deleted

This message has been deleted by a forum moderator.

Reason: Author Request - Special Exception

Reply by CarolF/NC on 1/18/13 8:50am
Msg #450994

OMG Yes I just posted a PM to a Public Board

anyone have the power to delete?

Reply by MistarellaFL on 1/18/13 9:00am
Msg #450998

I hate it when that happens

But, if no names were mentioned, I wouldn't worry too much.
If it really bothers you, contact NR at the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page.
FWIW, some of us have done that a few times.

Reply by CarolF/NC on 1/18/13 9:12am
Msg #451000

Re: I hate it when that happens

Thanks for trying to make me feel better. Well names are mentioned, but thankfully nothing bad other than complaining about fax backs.

Reply by CentralNY on 1/18/13 8:50am
Msg #450995

i am only asked to do fax backs when it is not the principal residence (and not always? and not the whole file). i do comply and i do get paid extra. i use maxemail to fax back as the file usually too large to email and all that encrypting crap. i will not do it for principal residence. if, when that happens i am done.

Reply by MonicaFL on 1/18/13 9:13am
Msg #451001

Well, some might think I am crazy BUT when I am told there are faxbacks (and I ALWAYS ask) and they say yes, I tell them that, in addition to my regular fee there will be a charge of $1.00 per page for faxbacks take it or leave it, I don't care - its my time, my equipment, etc. and I just flat don't work for nothing!!!!! Amen.

Reply by Barb25 on 1/18/13 9:38am
Msg #451003

Got it done. But that is a story all to itself. Talk about a sigining company that beats up its notaries. Shame on them. Can't believe that these notaries who work for next to nothing are so intimidated. Must be like some kind of Stockholm Syndrome. There should be a course in raising self esteem.

Thanks for asking about my signing.

Reply by Barb25 on 1/18/13 9:44am
Msg #451004

To Carol - About your oops. :)

Welcome to the club. LOL.
No biggie. Anyhow read my post about About file size and PDFs. Also look into RingCentral. About $7.50 a month with discount for 6 months. I tried www.protectedtrust.com also as an email encryption program. There are lots of solutions.

I just don't get the BoA large faxbacks.

Reply by OR on 1/18/13 10:02am
Msg #451006

Re:About RingCentral fax service

I love it. I paid $85.00 for 1 year of service. I get to send up to 700 pages a month then they charged more after that. Easy site to work with.

Reply by CarolF/NC on 1/18/13 11:45am
Msg #451025

I'm afraid I'd run over that 700 pages if...

The top lenders start requiring full doc fax backs. This must be a "just say no" situation. But they will find someone to send them all backSmile

Reply by Pam/NM on 1/18/13 12:07pm
Msg #451029

Re: Re:About RingCentral fax service

I've been using Nextiva. You can use a current # or generate one. Up to 500 pp a month is <$5 after a month's free trial, if you pay for a full year. I've been very happy with it. And I do charge for faxbacks in excess of 10 pp. Sliding scale, breaks at 25 and 50 pp

Reply by ToniK on 1/18/13 12:59pm
Msg #451036

Re: Re:About RingCentral fax service

I paid $54 for annual plan and last year I had $12 carryover.

Reply by Art_MD on 1/18/13 2:25pm
Msg #451061

Re: this upset them

One a couple of years ago had a surprise in the docs saying fax back about 80 pages. This wasn't in confirmation. Couldn't get extra fee
Sooo, ran 100 pages thru copier with shadow "COPY" across page.
put paper with "COPY" on it in feed tray.
Put fax back docs in copier and told it to reduce to 85%
Printed on "copy" paper.

Then faxed back.
Got a call saying thats not what they wanted. Told them the docs had gone in the overnight..tought luck.

Art

Reply by MW/VA on 1/18/13 1:47pm
Msg #451044

IMO it's the tc's & not BofA who requires it. This is a PIA

& I remind them there is a fee for that. Yes, I bought a scanner & can handle it, but if they want it they're going to pay for the extra work. It's not my job to cover BofA's or the tc's butt.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.